The Student Room Group

Struggling with mental health (Muslim Brothers and Sisters)

Salaam my fellow muslim brothers and sisters,

I am a 23 year old male and I am struggling with my mental health at work there’s a line manager who constantly pressurises me, intimidates me I always sense and fear a bad vibe with his approach around me and that undervalues my worth and what I bring to the team/department. The days I go to work I fear the worst knowing that’ll happen when he runs shift which is saddening and upsetting at the same time I am patiently awaiting marriage to a girl I would love to marry and know and ultimately she’s my happiness but the sad thing is the whole wait is coming from her side. And physically I am struggling too with the ability to not eat even when taking a smell of a bite of food I’ll eat and that sickling sensation and feel Im underweight since I lost a heavy amount of weight. Please advise brothers and sisters what do I do about this especially with the scenario at work and how I completely not have him in my presence whilst at work
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous #1
I am a 23 year old male and I am struggling with my mental health at work there’s a line manager who constantly pressurises me, intimidates me I always sense and fear a bad vibe with his approach around me and that undervalues my worth and what I bring to the team/department. The days I go to work I fear the worst knowing that’ll happen when he runs shift which is saddening and upsetting at the same time I am patiently awaiting marriage to a girl I would love to marry and know and ultimately she’s my happiness but the sad thing is the whole wait is coming from her side. And physically I am struggling too with the ability to not eat even when taking a smell of a bite of food I’ll eat and that sickling sensation and feel Im underweight since I lost a heavy amount of weight. Please advise brothers and sisters what do I do about this especially with the scenario at work and how I completely not have him in my presence whilst at work

If you have a HR department, contact them for advice about your line manager.
Original post by Anonymous #1

There is a lot of support out there such as:

-The Samaritans, you can call 116 123, which is available 24 hours a day

-Mind, 0300 123 3393

-Saneline, 0300 304 7000, from 4.30pm-10.30pm

-The mix, 0800 808 4994, 11am-11pm

-SHOUT, text 852258, 24 hour text service

-Crises, 741741, text service

-Papyrus, 0800 068 4141, if you have thoughts of suicide or in emotional distress

-Rethink mental health, 0300 5000 927

-No Panic, 0800 138 8889

-Relate, they have a chat advisor

-Mental Health 24/7: 0800 008 6516

-hubofhope website, useful contact information for your local area

You can self refer yourself to talking therapies on the NHS website.

There is the mind forum

Also Facebook groups

You can join support groups

You can contact a crises team if things get very bad

Plenty of resources online, information regarding well being.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous

Sallam brother in a situation like this its never easy usually id recommend relying on your support network friends family etcetera and definitely contact HR with the eating and mental health id say take it a step at a time I understand your in a tough situation and it feels hopeless any advice will sound pretty useless as it wont provide you a concrete solution and that's what your looking for however these things take time to work past if you need advice or have any more questions just contact me and ill respond asap.

Quick Reply

Latest