The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
asda smart price noodles 10p a pack!
Reply 2
I'd save the washing - just wash some essentials in your sink & dry them in your room? This is what I do when I'm desperate - it works! Living on 98p would be theoretically possible if you already have some food supplies but I don't think I'd like to try it!
Reply 3
I think if it's between eating and washing, then you should probably save the £3.20.
Reply 4
Sainsburys basics noodles 7p - you can eat like a king (of noodles) for a few days/
Reply 5
*Mike*
asda smart price noodles 10p a pack!

And they're free if you don't tell any asda employees you're taking them.
Easily, buy stuff like noodles, hot dogs and veg. or soup, add some veg etc.
sainsbury's noodles, 9p towards closing time.
And of course, go over to your friends' places just when they're gonna eat haha
mimimimi
I'd save the washing - just wash some essentials in your sink & dry them in your room? This is what I do when I'm desperate - it works! Living on 98p would be theoretically possible if you already have some food supplies but I don't think I'd like to try it!

I have lived off like £2 a week when need be, its tough but its all down to cravings, just lived off bread, packet mash, some butter and any reduced stuff I could find at supermarket.
Get rice.

Or noodles.
Reply 10
How about you take your washing home with you when you go? That saves you 3.20.

Then, just don't buy ANYTHING and eat whatever you have in the house. If you don't have food then buy a bag of 99p rice, bag of frozen veg, and some stock. That's enough food for three days.
Reply 11
Why do you need 36.45 to get home? If that's a train fare I'd have a go getting that cheaper...
Reply 12
Allow the clothes...wash them by hand....borrow some money of a mate.....get a cheaper way to get back home (£1 megabus!) then you have £39.63 for 3 days.....Oh the possibilities.....:biggrin:
Reply 13
Rocious
And they're free if you don't tell any asda employees you're taking them.

agreed :yep:
try to mooch off other people as much as possible
Reply 15
curryADD
agreed :yep:

Hell, he may as well not tell the employees about a potato or carrot either :p:
Reply 16
she
Hell, he may as well not tell the employees about a potato or carrot either :p:

agreed :p:
Reply 17
Live off what you already have? costs 0 then :smile:
Reply 18
Yes very easily - I normally survive on £40 for the month once my rent and bills have been paid for! you just require to train your pallett to accept the value/smart price brand stuff. It makes you money go a lot further.
Reply 19
itszednotzee
try to mooch off other people as much as possible

:yep:

Latest

Trending

Trending