The Student Room Group

Student finance services

applied for fiance back in March '23 when I realised I wanted to go study for a Degree in Criminology. Everything was in place till the 11th of September when I received a email stating I no longer had tuition loan finance or maintenance loan finance. I at this point had given up my part time job, as was told I could not work and attend university because of the hrs needed on site for work.*

*The revoking of finance is apparently due to already a degree. Something which I do not. I have since uploaded piece after piece of evidence, and now I still am none the Wiser and University finance team are chasing me for fees, and I'm terrified. I've attended as do not want to miss anything, yet worried, as I'm struggle to afford to survive with having 3 dependants. Now I would struggle without maintenance loan, but without maintenance and fees loan I will not survive. The issue there is,then I'm liable for £9k+ fees, on top of struggling.*

*My point is back in March I was good to go, if this had appeared then I could of had it sorted. Rather than get a email a,week before course,start date and me left terrified. I was told to appeal, appeals state not there issue. I'm really needing a answer before end of September, so if I withdraw in time because no loans, I aren't liable. University have told me to get my MP involved, but I haven't got the fight, I just need a answer ASAP so I can get on, and finally sleep. Also I contact student finance everyday no one tells me anything. My status on there is Application Approved, so waiting on confirming details. Like I say back in March everything was in place, or I would not of looked into University never mind applied. Highest qualification is a VTCT in Hair and beauty.
Original post by Tish78
applied for fiance back in March '23 when I realised I wanted to go study for a Degree in Criminology. Everything was in place till the 11th of September when I received a email stating I no longer had tuition loan finance or maintenance loan finance. I at this point had given up my part time job, as was told I could not work and attend university because of the hrs needed on site for work.*

*The revoking of finance is apparently due to already a degree. Something which I do not. I have since uploaded piece after piece of evidence, and now I still am none the Wiser and University finance team are chasing me for fees, and I'm terrified. I've attended as do not want to miss anything, yet worried, as I'm struggle to afford to survive with having 3 dependants. Now I would struggle without maintenance loan, but without maintenance and fees loan I will not survive. The issue there is,then I'm liable for £9k+ fees, on top of struggling.*

*My point is back in March I was good to go, if this had appeared then I could of had it sorted. Rather than get a email a,week before course,start date and me left terrified. I was told to appeal, appeals state not there issue. I'm really needing a answer before end of September, so if I withdraw in time because no loans, I aren't liable. University have told me to get my MP involved, but I haven't got the fight, I just need a answer ASAP so I can get on, and finally sleep. Also I contact student finance everyday no one tells me anything. My status on there is Application Approved, so waiting on confirming details. Like I say back in March everything was in place, or I would not of looked into University never mind applied. Highest qualification is a VTCT in Hair and beauty.

Hi there, if you've submitted evidence to us on the 11th of September it will update once processed. This takes 25 working days as an estimated timescale to update from when we receive it. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending