The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Chances of getting into King's College London?

Reply 1
Your chance looks good.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
There's only one way to find out!
As long as you meet their minimum requirements you have as much chance as anyone else - depending on how good they think your personal statement etc is.
Reply 3
I think they're in the process of offering interviews so you should know soon! x
Reply 4
Maeve_student
Hiya, just wondering my chances of getting into King's (to do dietetics). I was really happy with my personal statement and reference but my Junior Cert (I'm Irish) wasn't exactly exceptional.
I got:
BBBBCCCCC

I'm predicted AAABBB though.
What do you think?

If you meet their requirements with predicted grades, you have as much chance as any other applicant. There are people in King's at the moment who didn't get the grade requirement but still have a place, so don't worry too much :smile:
Reply 5
Hi, im an international student doing the IB. My school is known for not being generous at all for giving out predicted grades. My guideline predicted grades are 34-35/42 IB points. Notice that this does not include bonus points- our school doesnt predict EE + TOK.

Im applying for the Business Management course at King's. I think i can produce a strong Personal Statement and I'll get a really good recommendation.

My grades look like :-
Biology HL: 7
History HL: 6
Economics HL:5
Math SL: 6
English SL:5-6
French B SL: 5

TOEFL: 112
SAT: 1950

What are my chances? Is King's worth using up a space on my UCAS application? Which other institutions would you recommend?
detrats09
Hi, im an international student doing the IB. My school is known for not being generous at all for giving out predicted grades. My guideline predicted grades are 34-35/42 IB points. Notice that this does not include bonus points- our school doesnt predict EE + TOK.

Im applying for the Business Management course at King's. I think i can produce a strong Personal Statement and I'll get a really good recommendation.

My grades look like :-
Biology HL: 7
History HL: 6
Economics HL:5
Math SL: 6
English SL:5-6
French B SL: 5

TOEFL: 112
SAT: 1950

What are my chances? Is King's worth using up a space on my UCAS application? Which other institutions would you recommend?

Since the IB limit is 36 it could be a bit of a long-shot, but it is also possible they let you in because, as you mentioned, bonus points will put you over the limit.

Feel free to PM me about your choices, etc..

(I'm on the management program currently)
Reply 7
I am applying to King's College; PhD Law Research. Does anyone know how competitive it is to gain acceptance into the program? I got a B+ in my master of criminology. I already found someone from King's who has agreed to serve as my secondary supervisor. Please help.
Hi,
I am a Spanish student who wants to get into International relations at Kings. They are requiring me a grade between 7-9. What score should I get to have good chances to get in?
Reply 9
Original post by cheryljc
If you meet their requirements with predicted grades, you have as much chance as any other applicant. There are people in King's at the moment who didn't get the grade requirement but still have a place, so don't worry too much :smile:

I got AAA and was rejected, so this is relative...
I got A*A* A but didn’t get an offer. Personal statement was really competitive. Not sure what Kings are looking for. I work so hard, not privately educated, but love economics and management which is what I applied for.. I got 3 A* in my mocks. Sorry Kings you missed out on giving me a place. I am going to Bristol hopefully !

Quick Reply

Latest