The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Pride

Someone I know is 24 and gets asked for ID and hates it
Because they think it's an insult that they look about 10.
Reply 3
I only hate it because not all places accept mine even though its a provisional driving license. Its stupid.
i wouldn't if my friends got id'd as well...but in a group of around 15-17of us...only 2/3 including me tend to be id'd wherever we go :frown:...and where all 19-21
Reply 5
because the person behind the counter(e) and customer(c) conversation might go something like this.
e: can i see some ID
c: there you go
then c: is thinking dont apologise or say thank you :santa2::santa2::santa2::santa2: accuse me of being underage and trying to break the law and then when i proove im not you dont say anything.

next time i get IDed im going to get my ID out and shout
KAPOW DIDNT EXPECT THAT DID YOU BIATCH!
sorry but I work for tescos and I have to ID people, because i get fined £80 if not more if i get caught by a test purchaser. youd be surprised how many little ****s come in trying to buy cigarettes then supplement it with crappy excuses why they dont have any ID

and besides, we ask people who look under 21. most of the time when we ID people, they are literally within 2/3 months of being 18, and they get all gobby about it.

I love the fact I can refuse to serve them at all because they were rude. and the managers always back me up. :p:
Reply 7
Because if you haven't got your ID on you , its the most annoying thing in the entire world.
because the person behind the counter(e) and customer(c) conversation might go something like this.
e: can i see some ID
c: there you go
then c: is thinking dont apologise or say thank you :santa2::santa2::santa2::santa2: accuse me of being underage and trying to break the law and then when i proove im not you dont say anything.

next time i get IDed im going to get my ID out and shout
KAPOW DIDNT EXPECT THAT DID YOU BIATCH!

be in our shoes - we're not accusing you, we're trying to protect ourselves from a £80 fine. its not our fault you look glorious and young :p:
lolz im 23 and i got ID for fags the other day, and i looked at the girl and was like i can guarantee im older than you, faggot

peeps just ID to pee me off i think
Reply 10
It's a pain when you have no driving licence/provisional... means you have to take your passport out with you.
Reply 11
I don't have an ID - even though my parents have been promosing to sort one out for me since I was 16.
I'm 22 and get ID'd all the time...I don't mind it at all, unless the person asking is really rude about it. They always look a bit surprised when they find out i'm 22 though :p:
Reply 13
applemilk1992
sorry but I work for tescos and I have to ID people, because i get fined £80 if not more if i get caught by a test purchaser. youd be surprised how many little ****s come in trying to buy cigarettes then supplement it with crappy excuses why they dont have any ID

and besides, we ask people who look under 21. most of the time when we ID people, they are literally within 2/3 months of being 18, and they get all gobby about it.

I love the fact I can refuse to serve them at all because they were rude. and the managers always back me up. :p:

Eurgh i remember my tesco days, especially when i was under 18 and i had to ask other people every time i sold alcohol.
It sucks getting asked but once you work in the situation you understand why.
I got my ID taken off me for it being fake :frown:
Reply 15
because the sale of products and services shouldn't be regulated in this way (according to age) or at least not as strictly in this way

so if you're not happy with the fact that they are, you might as well kick up a fuss, plus if anything is a inconvieniance enforced upon me or an infringement on my rights however trivial it may seem to you, I'm gonna take it upon myself to be as surly about it as possible, quite frankly.

I'm not 19-21 though btw not that it really makes much difference though.
I got annoyed when I was IDed for a Lottery ticket, mainly because I look over 16 but also because I don't understand why you have to be IDed *before* you buy the ticket at all! Why couldn't they just ID you if you win anything?!?
Reply 17
I can't speak for everyone, but.... It's because my passport picture is a fricken embarassment. To all photographs, and to myself.
Reply 18
applemilk1992
be in our shoes - we're not accusing you, we're trying to protect ourselves from a £80 fine. its not our fault you look glorious and young :p:

im normally talking about bouncers that are the nobs.

aka didnt take my full drivers liscence on my 18th so went home at 12, :santa2::santa2::santa2::santa2::santa2:.
The only time it's ever really irritated me was when I went through the checkouts at Tescos with a friend who was buying alcohol - I had nothing at all, I was just with them - and I got IDed aswell. Unnecessary. What if I hadn't had it on me? The sale was nothing to do with me.

Latest

Trending

Trending