The Student Room Group

Friendship in sixthform

Hi my whole year hates me and I'm in year 12 there is 0 chances of making any new friends and I can't move to a different sixth form or college can you give me any advice on how to cope
Original post by Dexecyvtv
Hi my whole year hates me and I'm in year 12 there is 0 chances of making any new friends and I can't move to a different sixth form or college can you give me any advice on how to cope

Is there a reason why everyone hates you or do you just have trouble fitting in? If there are no other options, you just have to enjoy being alone. Are there any outside clubs you can join, away from school? I'm sure someone will come along, sixthform goes quick too so it will be over before you know it so push through it. Getting new hobbies and focusing on your studies will help, take your mind of things.
Original post by Dexecyvtv

What makes you think that they hate you? That's a pretty strong feeling to use as a blanket description of how a lot of people MIGHT feel about you. Has something happened that made you think this way? all I can say is since I've gotten older you start to realise that whatever happens these sorts of things are never the topic of conversation for long. These feelings pass and you'll look back and think 'What was I so worried about?!' focus on making sure you're happy and spend time with people who make you feel good, the rest will come. If you still feel this way after you return from the festive break, chat with someone at your sixth form to see what would be the next best steps for you to maybe mediate this situation or otherwise. You'll be off for around 2 weeks soon and I bet most will be going back to sixth form ready to start fresh :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by TomokoRainMaker
Is there a reason why everyone hates you or do you just have trouble fitting in? If there are no other options, you just have to enjoy being alone. Are there any outside clubs you can join, away from school? I'm sure someone will come along, sixthform goes quick too so it will be over before you know it so push through it. Getting new hobbies and focusing on your studies will help, take your mind of things.

Yes there is and I'm like the only person that is so hated right now even apologies won't do the favour I feel so terrible everyday its insane

Quick Reply

Latest