The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Ezekiel
Territorial disputes who should be where. The post was very simplistic, I deleted it and was redoing it so it made more sense. I don’t see what good a two state solution is in light of this type of foreign policy. A two state solution will create a state which will harbour significant numbers of people who will continue to rocket Israel; who then responds in this manner. Do you not see that its not working? Perhaps my ideas are a pile of **** lol but this policy of they rocket us we use a disproportionate response isn’t working. At the end of it more people are radicalised. It’s like saying every few years we’ll cull you.

I do not belive we can SOLVE this route problem in this top down way you need to get muslims to become secular otherwise it won't work. Creating a state is all very well and good what did Israel do to Lebanon? they bombed it.

I'd suggest you watch the documentary: occupation 101. It pretty much gives you some ideas on how this conflict could be resolved.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MTqfYiuaG0&feature=channel

Here's the link to the first part.

Be warned though, it actually shows the truth. =)
Reply 41
What Israel should Do. (I deleted it but now i reposted it lol as i cba to re do it)

They should absorb rocket attacks and invest in better warning systems, and if possible anti rocket technology.

They should also roll out large scale assignation programme. Which would be a major insentive, for states surrounding it to keep those within their borders in check. If they didn’t or failed to, Israel could shoot the Prime

Minister/Defence and Foreign Secretary. Far better than targeting Hamas whilst they are shopping in the local Tescos, thus killing many innocent people, and creating even more Islamists committed to Israel’s discruction.
Also a similar strategy to what people advocate in the case of Zimbabwe. Robert Mugabe could be got rid of if South Africa turned the power off. If Israel routinely targeted power stations and gas stations (not water) I think people would get route out extremists, if they didn’t they’d have to live without electricity. This I believe would create a riots and Islamists would be dealt with internally.

The other option is what we currenly see. You rocket us, we use disproportionate force against you, thus creating more people committed to our distruction. A two state solution will not work, as Islamists won’t accept it, they’ll fire on Israel who will then attack a Palestinian state.
Somebody attack this please, it really can’t be that simple.
Reply 42
Sundous
I'd suggest you watch the documentary: occupation 101. It pretty much gives you some ideas on how this conflict could be resolved.

With a neutral title like Occupation 101 what else would you expect?
Reply 43
Sundous

Isreal should pack its bags and leave? Very realistic.
Reply 44
shrep
With a neutral title like Occupation 101 what else would you expect?

Would you deny that there was an occupation, what is wrong with you?
Reply 45
Ezekiel
Isreal should pack its bags and leave? Very realistic.

How could you even assume that I would propose something like that, while I've stated in the very same thread that that would be stupid.

I am so out of here :shifty:
Reply 46
Sundous

I’m not bothering myself with the detail as the solution can’t be found there. Israel isn’t going anywhere. The discussion I triggered was how it protected itself. I set out some ideas which I offered up for people to attack . The althernative is what we have. You rocket us we persue you no matter where that rocket has come from. Should you have rocketed us from a school we’ll blow up the school. If you want to move away from that solution you need to either offer up a better alternative to the one I offered or support Israel’s actions.

What will it be? (that’s not a fale dichotomy, there are really only two options open to you)

or u could leave lol
Reply 47
Sundous

Who is occupying what and who does it rightfully belong to, you can tell me in the morning coz im shattered
Sundous

There is no occupation. Palestine is poor, it always has been. The Jews are rich and the Arabs are jealous.
Reply 49
There is no occupation. Palestine is poor, it always has been. The Jews are rich and the Arabs are jealous.

Exactly. The Israelis came to a barren and god-forsaken land and made it fertile once more.
Reply 50
Sundous
How could you even assume that I would propose something like that, while I've stated in the very same thread that that would be stupid.

I am so out of here :shifty:

You do realise that war causes borders to change? The arabs were intricately aware of that fact in 1967. There's no 'occupation,' just a shift in borders.
Reply 51
leechomin
Exactly. The Israelis came to a barren and god-forsaken land and made it fertile once more.

Then gave some of the most fertile best kept land back to the palestinians, who used it for militant fire and destroyed the arability of the land within years.

Then moans that Israel starved them of food.
Reply 52
samba
You do realise that war causes borders to change? The arabs were intricately aware of that fact in 1967. There's no 'occupation,' just a shift in borders.

What's a shift of borders to you? Just a nice way of saying expanding by occupying lands or something completely different I'm not grasping here?
Reply 53
Sundous
What's a shift of borders to you? Just a nice way of saying expanding by occupying lands or something completely different I'm not grasping here?

A shift in borders happens when a country that wins a war annexes part of another country and makes it her own, or impeaches another country to change her borders through a series of treatments and agreements.

It's generally done for reasons for security and defence when the defending country wins the war.

Look throughout major (multi country) wars in history. Borders are almost always redrawn.
Reply 54
samba
A shift in borders happens when a country that wins a war annexes part of another country and makes it her own, or impeaches another country to change her borders through a series of treatments and agreements.

It's generally done for reasons for security and defence when the defending country wins the war.

Look throughout major (multi country) wars in history. Borders are almost always redrawn.

If that is what you meant, then a shift in borders is not what I see what happened in the history of the Israel/Palestine conflict.
Reply 55
Sundous
If that is what you meant, then a shift in borders is not what I see what happened in the history of the Israel/Palestine conflict.

So in 1967 Israel didn't seize [the disputed land] via the spoils of war, and a redraw of their borders?
Palestine de-facto already is independent (though barely a state, more of a perpetual civil war). The problem is, they don't just want independence, they want Israel to make enormous territorial concessions to them. As much as they are built up in the media as plucky underdogs, these are not reasonable people.
Reply 57
Sundous

So [considering you didn't argue my previous point] you have no problem with Israel in the post 1967 borders?

So what do you think the palestinians want then? Not independence, we know that. Not full out war, to annex land back? They want to drive Israel into terror, so they give them land, and play on the emotions of the ignorant international community to make it happen.

How do you see a fair solution?
Reply 58
Not only do they want war, as i mentioned earlier, all muslims around the world do not want to see Israel having peace. The jihad will go on until Israel is no longer on the world map. this anti-semitic feeling is nothing new. look at hitler and his 6 mil annihilation. the crusades. the romans. every century has not come without seeing somebody or a nation rising up against Israel.
Reply 59
Not only do they want war, as i mentioned earlier, all muslims around the world do not want to see Israel having peace. The jihad will go on until Israel is no longer on the world map. this anti-semitic feeling is nothing new. look at hitler and his 6 mil annihilation. the crusades. the romans. every century has not come without seeing somebody or a nation rising up against Israel.

Latest

Trending

Trending