The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1180
If the sun collapsed today, a black hole would not be formed. It must first grow large enough to have a high enoughmass for this. It is doing so, but by the time it reaches the collapsing stage it will have swallowed Mercury and Venus and Earth will be uninhabitable. Even then, it could form a black dwarf (I think its called) instead, the black hole is not definite. Also, we would die instantaneously upon the explosion, we would not live long enough to care.

Does that conclude the discussion?
staylor
If the sun collapsed today, a black hole would not be formed. It must first grow large enough to have a high enoughmass for this. It is doing so, but by the time it reaches the collapsing stage it will have swallowed Mercury and Venus and Earth will be uninhabitable. Even then, it could form a black dwarf (I think its called) instead, the black hole is not definite. Also, we would die instantaneously upon the explosion, we would not live long enough to care.

Very sciency! So, if earth became inhabitable, and all sheep-hating vampires got to escape before the sun blew up, where would you all go?

Me personally, I'd head to Atlantis. Spossed to be very prettyful!
Reply 1182
staylor

black hole or red giant :confused: ?the sun is not nearly as poweerful as other stars.

but whats supposed to happen is the sun is supposed to finish burning all the gases and start expanding.then it'll engulf half the solar system and then it'll start shrinking.then it'll collapse upon itself.
OK,i'm muddling myself.i'm missing something... :frown:
Reply 1183
staylor

if it turns into a black hole we'll be squashed flat.or rather,stretched until... :eek: *shudders*
Reply 1184
Psycho_Gerbil
Very sciency! So, if earth became inhabitable, and all sheep-hating vampires got to escape before the sun blew up, where would you all go?

Me personally, I'd head to Atlantis. Spossed to be very prettyful!

Zeta Retticuli.thats where the aliens are supposed to come from - neighboring galaxy
Reply 1185
I'd go with Psycho Gerbil I want ti stay on earth. Don't think I'd like it very much in another Galaxy.
Reply 1186
yo-less
if it turns into a black hole we'll be squashed flat.or rather,stretched until... :eek: *shudders*

If the sun is to have any chance of becoming a black hole, we will all already be quite dead. In fact, so will everyone.
Reply 1187
Rather, worry about the intense heat beforehand which will cause death and famine across the globe.
Reply 1188
lirael
I'd go with Psycho Gerbil I want ti stay on earth. Don't think I'd like it very much in another Galaxy.

but earth will be inhabitable :eek:
Reply 1189
staylor
Rather, worry about the intense heat beforehand which will cause death and famine across the globe.

only the vampires will prevail!!!!

*waits for cheesy background music to play*
Reply 1190
yo-less
only the vampires will prevail!!!!

*waits for cheesy background music to play*

What kind of vampires are these anyway?

If the old legends hold true they will be at a disadvantage, as the sun will be a whole lot larger than it is now!

Also, as the only creatures left there will be nothing to live on (except possibly cockroaches)
Reply 1191
Why the discussion about black holes?

Anyway, an AF movie? Cool!
Reply 1192
Back to topic, at least the sheep would also be dead :biggrin:
staylor
Back to topic, at least the sheep would also be dead :biggrin:

What do you mean back to topic? The topic IS the Artemis Fowl Movie!!!!!
staylor

Wow!! Aren't you cheery and optimistic?
Reply 1195
Sorry most of us here have given up on the movie they havent even got a cast and they said they were doing the film since 2000. So you know long time to wait discussing it. Sorry to disappoint you
Reply 1196
Besided, black holes are infinitely more interesting. Dont you agree?
staylor
Besided, black holes are infinitely more interesting. Dont you agree?

I know, I was just making a point!
Reply 1198
Arty Fan
Hello! If you love Artemis Fowl as I do, then you will love coming onto this thread and posting any new info about the Artemis Fowl movie which they are supposed to be filming. Remember, keep this on the subject of the Artemis Fowl movie only please. Discussion about the 4th book is great too. :smile:

Im afraid I must disagree with this. It is not necessarily true that if you like Artemis Fowl 'as you do' you wll love coming to the thread. The only way to verify such a statement is to ask absolutely everyone.
staylor
Im afraid I must disagree with this. It is not necessarily true that if you like Artemis Fowl 'as you do' you wll love coming to the thread. The only way to verify such a statement is to ask absolutely everyone.

Ok. Calling absolutely everyone who likes Artemis Fowl. Do you love coming to this thread???

Latest