Artemis Fowl Movie Update

Watch
This discussion is closed.
staylor
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
If the sun collapsed today, a black hole would not be formed. It must first grow large enough to have a high enoughmass for this. It is doing so, but by the time it reaches the collapsing stage it will have swallowed Mercury and Venus and Earth will be uninhabitable. Even then, it could form a black dwarf (I think its called) instead, the black hole is not definite. Also, we would die instantaneously upon the explosion, we would not live long enough to care.

Does that conclude the discussion?
Psycho Gerbil
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by staylor)
If the sun collapsed today, a black hole would not be formed. It must first grow large enough to have a high enoughmass for this. It is doing so, but by the time it reaches the collapsing stage it will have swallowed Mercury and Venus and Earth will be uninhabitable. Even then, it could form a black dwarf (I think its called) instead, the black hole is not definite. Also, we would die instantaneously upon the explosion, we would not live long enough to care.

Very sciency! So, if earth became inhabitable, and all sheep-hating vampires got to escape before the sun blew up, where would you all go?

Me personally, I'd head to Atlantis. Spossed to be very prettyful!
yo-less
Report 15 years ago

black hole or red giant :confused: ?the sun is not nearly as poweerful as other stars.

but whats supposed to happen is the sun is supposed to finish burning all the gases and start expanding.then it'll engulf half the solar system and then it'll start shrinking.then it'll collapse upon itself.
OK,i'm muddling myself.i'm missing something...
yo-less
Report 15 years ago

if it turns into a black hole we'll be squashed flat.or rather,stretched until... :eek: *shudders*
yo-less
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Psycho_Gerbil)
Very sciency! So, if earth became inhabitable, and all sheep-hating vampires got to escape before the sun blew up, where would you all go?

Me personally, I'd head to Atlantis. Spossed to be very prettyful!
Zeta Retticuli.thats where the aliens are supposed to come from - neighboring galaxy
lirael
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I'd go with Psycho Gerbil I want ti stay on earth. Don't think I'd like it very much in another Galaxy.
staylor
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by yo-less)
if it turns into a black hole we'll be squashed flat.or rather,stretched until... :eek: *shudders*
If the sun is to have any chance of becoming a black hole, we will all already be quite dead. In fact, so will everyone.
staylor
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Rather, worry about the intense heat beforehand which will cause death and famine across the globe.
yo-less
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by lirael)
I'd go with Psycho Gerbil I want ti stay on earth. Don't think I'd like it very much in another Galaxy.
but earth will be inhabitable :eek:
yo-less
Report 15 years ago
Rather, worry about the intense heat beforehand which will cause death and famine across the globe.
only the vampires will prevail!!!!

*waits for cheesy background music to play*
staylor
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by yo-less)
only the vampires will prevail!!!!

*waits for cheesy background music to play*
What kind of vampires are these anyway?

If the old legends hold true they will be at a disadvantage, as the sun will be a whole lot larger than it is now!

Also, as the only creatures left there will be nothing to live on (except possibly cockroaches)
Zoecb
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Why the discussion about black holes?

Anyway, an AF movie? Cool!
staylor
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Back to topic, at least the sheep would also be dead
AngryJellyfish
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Back to topic, at least the sheep would also be dead
What do you mean back to topic? The topic IS the Artemis Fowl Movie!!!!!
Psycho Gerbil
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Wow!! Aren't you cheery and optimistic?
lirael
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Sorry most of us here have given up on the movie they havent even got a cast and they said they were doing the film since 2000. So you know long time to wait discussing it. Sorry to disappoint you
staylor
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Besided, black holes are infinitely more interesting. Dont you agree?
AngryJellyfish
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Besided, black holes are infinitely more interesting. Dont you agree?
I know, I was just making a point!
staylor
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Arty Fan)
Hello! If you love Artemis Fowl as I do, then you will love coming onto this thread and posting any new info about the Artemis Fowl movie which they are supposed to be filming. Remember, keep this on the subject of the Artemis Fowl movie only please. Discussion about the 4th book is great too.
Im afraid I must disagree with this. It is not necessarily true that if you like Artemis Fowl 'as you do' you wll love coming to the thread. The only way to verify such a statement is to ask absolutely everyone.
Psycho Gerbil
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Im afraid I must disagree with this. It is not necessarily true that if you like Artemis Fowl 'as you do' you wll love coming to the thread. The only way to verify such a statement is to ask absolutely everyone.
Ok. Calling absolutely everyone who likes Artemis Fowl. Do you love coming to this thread???
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (38)
13.77%
Virtual campus tours/open days (62)
22.46%
Live streaming events (25)
9.06%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (27)
9.78%
A uni comparison tool (64)
23.19%
An in-person event when available (60)
21.74%