The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i hope bystander comes up!
Who knows...

Im also doing this. I think there is already a thread for this exam up and going buddie
Reply 2
when the question is on bystanders do you write about:
empathy alturism model
negative relief model
empathy joy model

when its on alturism do you write about:
defussion of responsibility
plugarism
characteristics of bystanders
latane and darleys decision model
cost reward arousal model

??????? im getting really confused between the two,plz help me!!!!
Reply 3
Alturism is when you write about the empathy altruism model and negative relief model.

Bystander is when you write about the latane and sarley decision model and cost reward arousal model.

But you have got to be careful as one question for this topic says outline and evaluate research, and with this you would outline and evaluate the above. But the second question is to outline and evaluate studies, which you would outline a study from the models.

Hope this helps:smile:
Reply 4
ok thanks thats clearer!! thanks!!
Reply 5
Any body unsure on anything?

Want any questions answered?

Ideas ?
Reply 6
im still not finished revising ive only got sleep to learn then im done. then lots and lots of practise essays for me to do. fun!! NOT!!!
Reply 7
im doin relationships, pro and anti social, sleepin and dreamin
Reply 8
nice.

Im doin Developmental: personality, adolescence and gender
Social: bystander/ pro+anti/ media influence/ agression
Physiological: Sleep/Dreaming and bio rhythms
Reply 9
hhhhhhhh
im doin relationships, pro and anti social, sleepin and dreamin

yr doing the same unit as im doing!!! there is sooo much to learn!! dont u think??
Reply 10
im doin relationships, Personality + adolescence etc and sleep+dream.

I will find sleep+dream hard so need to revise more in that section. I think relationships a good topic so i should find it ok and for personality i need to revise certain parts.

Does any1 hav any techniques that i can use for all them topics in order for them to stay in my head lol, loads to take in.

Anyways evry1 sitting the Psychology Exam next week, i wish you all luck.
Reply 11
kirsty007
yr doing the same unit as im doing!!! there is sooo much to learn!! dont u think??

loooooads, just relationships took up 9 sides of a4 ;(
Reply 12
Big tip: condense your notes. Examiners look for depth not breath.

Its better to use 2 or 3 studies effectively, or 2 or 3 A02 points elaborated, then 5 or 6 in not good detail
I haven't actually started revision for this. I have three exams between then and now, so I'm prepared for a retake in the summer, infact I don't even care.
Reply 14
Is any revising topics more which are more likely to come up?
I am finding it hard to have enough knowledge about every topic to get an A. :frown:
Reply 15
nat4owen
Is any revising topics more which are more likely to come up?
I am finding it hard to have enough knowledge about every topic to get an A. :frown:

same here.

i have no idea what will come up as the psychology paper jan 09 ones got stolen. we are going to be getting the june 09 ones instead so anything could come up.
Reply 16
kirsty007
same here.

i have no idea what will come up as the psychology paper jan 09 ones got stolen. we are going to be getting the june 09 ones instead so anything could come up.

omg:eek: is that true?
kirsty007
same here.

No they didn't.
Reply 18
it should be last summer right?
I've been looking at the old past papers and I think adoloesence, explanations of love, media anti-social are going to come up. I'm not learning the questions that came up in june 2008 because there's so much to learn I'm going to take a chance!

Latest

Trending

Trending