The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1660
Original post by fozzy143
Sorry to be such a fool but, how are you all finding out about which acomm you have been accepted in? I now have confirmed Manchester etc, do I get something by email or do I have to check myself?

You should get an e-mail in the next couple of days with your accommodation offer after confirming your place

Some of us have got in to Manchester with other qualifications where our offers were confirmed earlier e.g. BTEC etc, so you should receive an e-mail soon :smile:
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Hi I'm looking for catered halls at Manchester. Does anyone know what halls have the best music rooms with pianos etc. (as I'm studying music)? I was considering Ashburne, Allen and Hulme.
Reply 1662
Guys, i'll come to Manchester in Sep for my MSc (in the school of civil, mechanical and aerospace engineering). Just wanna ask you which hall of residence is better, Weston Hall or George Kenyon Hall.?
Hi, I was originally assigned to Vaughan House but just received a notice (3 weeks before school starts) saying that they are going to refurbish vaughan and that they are changing my housing assignment to Horniman house.... Can someone please provide me some information about this dorm? I am rather worried as I hear it is a family dorm.:s-smilie:
Reply 1664
I got Fiddes 2nd floor room 29, anyoneee else in Fiddes?
Reply 1665
Original post by sparshd
Hey dude, i got Fiddes too. Ground floor.

You're in fiddes tooo? where you from and what you studying?
hw do u no wht floor ur on, my door no. is jus strange lookin
ps any other londoners goin up north
Hi, guys, i am ready to study computer science in Manchester this year. Please what cheap accommodation would suit me best at Uni of Manchester? which ones are near to CS department?
I have an en suite self catered room at Victoria Hall upper brook street and am looking to do a swap for a self catered fallowfield hall if anyone is interested.
I@m in OH and looking forward to it somewhat :biggrin:
Reply 1671
@patrick Grosvenor Place of course...
Original post by moon4pie
@patrick Grosvenor Place of course...

How is the environment there please?

Thank you for your information~:smile:
Reply 1673
Original post by Phina
Hey guys,

I'm an international student from singapore, possibly, hopefully going to UoM to study Management and Leisure. ^^ ( cross my fingerscos i applied late and UCAS extra hopefully works or something)

I definately want a social life, not a stuck away in some quiet place studying my life away kind of uni life. Fallowfield sounds great so far, mainly oakhouse and richmond.

Just wondering if people there are open to international student who don't mind a good time. Also, i'll be 22 this year, kind of older than the usual.

Not to imply racism or anything, just had a really bad time visitng friends in another part of the world recently and acquired a new slight paranoia :/

still! UoM sounds like a tonne of fun (:

Thanks in advance for any advice/replies! (:

Hi there!

Can't really give any advice, but I'm also an international student coming from Beijing, studying Management and Leisure, living in Richmond Park! Will you be going to the optional field trip 13-16th? :smile:
Original post by jjo92
HI!

There are quite a number of Singaporeans/Malaysians at Manchester, I heard!

What are you gonna be studying? :smile:

sorry for the really late reply :frown:
i'm doing pharmacy. what about you?? have you applied for your accomodation? where will you be staying? x
Reply 1675
HIII, Can somebody please tell me how close Opal student accommodation, wilmslow park is to UoM??. I am studying chemical Engineering and it would be helpful if someone could give me a rough approximation of how far it would be to classes!
Original post by Ose
HIII, Can somebody please tell me how close Opal student accommodation, wilmslow park is to UoM??. I am studying chemical Engineering and it would be helpful if someone could give me a rough approximation of how far it would be to classes!

Bout 15-20 minute walk to the SU, 5 minute bus. If you've got lectures on North Campus then about a 15 minute bus.
Reply 1677
Original post by theultimateplu
Bout 15-20 minute walk to the SU, 5 minute bus. If you've got lectures on North Campus then about a 15 minute bus.

Thank you soo much :smile:
I was offered a room in Oak House and I accepted it by paying the required prepayment. The problem is that I don't have a UK Bank account, because I live in Greece. Is it possible to postpone the Account Verification Account, until I come to Manchester and open a UK Bank account? I even received an email from the accommodation office with subject "Offer Accepted". So is everything OK with my accommodation? May I move in on 17th September for example?

Thank you in advance. :smile:
Original post by iVaggelis
I was offered a room in Oak House and I accepted it by paying the required prepayment. The problem is that I don't have a UK Bank account, because I live in Greece. Is it possible to postpone the Account Verification Account, until I come to Manchester and open a UK Bank account? I even received an email from the accommodation office with subject "Offer Accepted". So is everything OK with my accommodation? May I move in on 17th September for example?

Thank you in advance. :smile:

Yes you will be fine. If you wanna pay by installments just set up a Direct Debit mandate one you get there.

Latest

Trending

Trending