The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

rowe house or east park?

Hi, I'm coming to exeter in september and just wondering which accommodation is best? I'm thinking I'll put east park or rowe house as my top choice, then birks grange and lafrowda? Thanks :smile:
Reply 1
hey, i’m also going to exeter in september and i put east park as my first and rowancroft as my second( but i’m pretty sure i won’t get either cos they’re kinda popular lol) what course r u doing?
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
Original post by Annabe105
hey, i’m also going to exeter in september and i put east park as my first and rowancroft as my second( but i’m pretty sure i won’t get either cos they’re kinda popular lol) what course r u doing?

Hey - don't want to unnecessarily alarm you, but you do realise Rowancroft is on the St. Luke's Campus whilst East Park is on the Streatham Campus - so different sides of the city ?
Reply 3
Original post by Annabe105

hey!! I'm doing sociology, what about you?
Reply 4
neuroscience (hopefully- if I get the grades)
Original post by Anonymous
hey!! I'm doing sociology, what about you?
Reply 5
yeah- I think east park is like a 30 minute walk to st Lukes whereas rowancroft is a 2 minute walk. I put east park as my first because its rlly new and I don't mind walking- then rowancroft as my 2nd because it nearest st Lukes campus.
Hey - don't want to unnecessarily alarm you, but you do realise Rowancroft is on the St. Luke's Campus whilst East Park is on the Streatham Campus - so different sides of the city ?
Reply 6
Hi, I'm coming to exeter in september and just wondering which accommodation is best? I'm thinking I'll put east park or rowe house as my top choice, then birks grange and lafrowda? Thanks :smile:

i’ve got east park as my accommodation for september but i also put down birks grange, duryard and lafrowda as my other options :smile:

Hi! Great to hear you'll be starting at Exeter in September - Iooking forward to seeing you!

I've just finished my second year at Exeter and, in my experience, there is no 'best' accommodation; rather, it just depends on what you're after! East Park, Rowe House, Lafrowda and Birks Grange are all popular choices and offer self-catered and en-suite options, whilst being located on campus. I have friends who stayed in all four, and I myself lived in East Park, and all of us ended up loving our accommodation!

That being said, there are a few differences between them: East Park, being the newest, is very modern, and is also very big - there are over 1,000 rooms. Birks Grange and Lafrowda also offer a lot of rooms. By contrast, Rowe House is right next to Lafrowda (and therefore offers an equally central location), but is much smaller; my friends who lived there in first year said that they ended up knowing almost everybody else living there, so it had more of a community feel than some of the larger residences.

It therefore may be worth bearing in mind what size of accommodation you'd like. Regardless of size, all of them provide social opportunities. We have a Residence Life team, run by students, that holds weekly events in residences as an opportunity to meet other people living in your accommodation and to speak to student peer mentors if you'd like to access any wellbeing support. I worked as a ResLife mentor last year and found it to be a really valuable service to have in halls.

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Nina
University of Exeter Student Ambassador
Reply 8
Original post by beccasneyd
i’ve got east park as my accommodation for september but i also put down birks grange, duryard and lafrowda as my other options :smile:

Hey, I’m applying for accommodation next week and I was wondering if I put east park as my top choice how likely am I to get it:smile:
Reply 9
Worth taking a look at the 2023-24 Undergraduate Application Ratio Table which shows the number of applications per hall/accommodation type places.

East Park has been the most popular for the last 4 years so definitely worth considering where else you would like to live if you weren't lucky
Reply 10
Original post by dunnott
Worth taking a look at the 2023-24 Undergraduate Application Ratio Table which shows the number of applications per hall/accommodation type places.
East Park has been the most popular for the last 4 years so definitely worth considering where else you would like to live if you weren't lucky

Thank you also how is accommodation allocated?
Reply 11
Original post by Favour_
Thank you also how is accommodation allocated?

If you google: exeter university accommodation allocation, they've a dedicated page to this + lots of other information about the process

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending