The Student Room Group

does anyone remember girland.com?

lol
i just had this erge to go on it (dont ask!)
and i cant find it, has it stopped?
or have i spelt it wrong?

do u guys remember it, or was i just the sad one to go on it lol

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
No. No I do not.

...what was it?
Reply 2
it was a website, where u cud make ur own person and dress ehr up and get badges and stuff... kinda like habbo
I used to absolutely love that site when I was 13/14/15, I even became a Guardian for a while... I logged on several months ago just to see if the site was still as popular as before and it seemed pretty dead, I didn't know it would shut down altogether though.
Reply 4
lol yes I used to go on that when I was 12!! No idea about whats happened to it tho!
Reply 5
lol Girland was so, so funny! My friend and I used to go on their and post really stupid problems!
Reply 6
Mmmm habbo.
Reply 7
yeh i hvent been on it since i was like 15 lol im 18 now!
but i just thought about it and now its gone!
Reply 8
Would 18/19 year olds be considered paedophilic going on Habbo?

If so, oh dear. I went on it last month, curious to see if my username was still there and I had some credits left!
Reply 9
lol i ahvent used habbo in years!
i wonder if mine still works lol
i used to be obssesed with that too!! then it started charging you to be a member didnt it? so i stopped playing on it! & neopets!
Reply 11
mwaha I recently introduced my brother to Neopets so that I had a reason to go on there again. It didn't have its old magic. lol. Shame :s-smilie:
After 2 minutes of internet research I've discovered that the company went bankrupt, forcing them to close down Girland. Some of its most obsessed members however have created forums in its memory, girland.tk.
Reply 13
omg! lol fair enough
id heard that members had to pay to go on it after a while
i ahd soo many girlpoints and badges lol
OMG. I was on girland - I was obsessed with it. And Neopets. lol.
I think, I remember girland, not too sure. :s-smilie:

I am embarrassed to say I was a frequent user of Neopets and Habbo. :colondollar: :getmecoat:
Reply 16
This thread has made me log back on habbo hotel - they haven't deleted me! :biggrin:
I used to love mykindaplace.com I think that one's still going though.
Reply 18
No but I loved Habbo.... and Neopets :s-smilie:
Reply 19
Girland was well fun, shame it closed down, we never got told about it shuting down it just stopped working one day :-/, remember remember the 5th Of November :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest