The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Scroll to see replies

dalianatkinson
There is nothing wrong with the Burgh, I imagine you're just chippy because you failed to get into Med school there. Just a hunch.

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is one of the aforementioned Edinburgh people who assumes everyone should want to go to Edinburgh.

I was given an unconditional from Aberdeen, then a conditional from Edinburgh (B in Higher Biology- predicted band one A, so it wouldn't even have been an "if"), was interviewed in Dundee and Newcastle but accepted Aberdeen before they got back to me, because believe it or not Aberdeen was my first choice. Why? Because 17 years is by far too long in Edinburgh.
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 41
The sun.
Reply 42
A Stranger in Moscow
Arrrrrrghhh!!

Should I change to Sussex or what :lolwut:

No! Edinburgh is b-e-a-utiful! All the art galleries :love:
dalianatkinson
Frankly, I don't believe you. Aberdeen is an isolated hole. My aunt works there and it is grey and miserable. But, each to their own, I'll have the Athens of the North and you can have granite city.

An excerpt from my UCAS Track page. Note the Edinburgh, A100(medicine), conditional offer, declined.

That'll do.
Chiko 1001, have you actually ever been outside the Edinburgh city limits?
Reply 45
I have to take issue with this, really. Having lived in a number of cities and visited a lot more, Edinburgh is by far the nicest I've spent any amount of time in. To anyone reading this thread and getting worried about the place, I wouldn't take the comments here as representative.

On topic, I'd quite like a decent sized venue, but I've seen a lot of decent live music in Edinburgh in the past in smaller places, and found some decent bands. I also somehow managed to get a 3 bedroom flat for the outrageous sum of 900 a month - which, to be fair, is pretty good. Sure, the traffic can be a pain, but there's only a few journies that really need you to take to the roads, most anything's walkable. As for attractions, I've managed not to get bored of them, and never tire of walking around Arthur's Seat to escape the city. I'm a country boy really.

And hey, the Fringe is entertaining, if only for people watching.
nearlyheadlessian
Chiko 1001, have you actually ever been outside the Edinburgh city limits?

Yes lol. You'd be surprised. Because of my Edinburgh claustrophobia I've made a point of going all over the place in the last year.
1001 Chiko
Yes lol. You'd be surprised. Because of my Edinburgh claustrophobia I've made a point of going all over the place in the last year.

I am surprised. From the way you talk about Edinburgh it sounds like you've never been anywhere in else in your life.
wow, those of you who grew up in Edinburgh actually don't know how lucky you are. You should visit some other cities around the UK and then read back what you've said about Edinburgh.
bruisepristine
wow, those of you who grew up in Edinburgh actually don't know how lucky you are. You should visit some other cities around the UK and then read back what you've said about Edinburgh.

Yes, I was somewhat surprised at the responses I saw. Chiko 1001 seems a bit full of himself though, so I wouldn't worry too much. Edinburgh may not be 100% perfect, but it's pretty damn good.

Latest

Trending

Trending