The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
In the words of the Iron Lady, 'We are all unequal, no one is quite like another, but all humans are equally important"
thing is, every1 can see it differently.

some may thing that they are better coz they are sporty/beat world records/accademic/give to charity or wotever.

depending on which of these you refer to, then yes you are better at some and worse in other areas,

eg. i always think that im rather clever because i get As and go to cambridge next year, however i cant run to save my life!
Tombola
Nice.
I don't believe self-esteem/worth/value should be derived from our actions and interactions with society. Therefore it's either a constant value from birth or more accurately it's just a man made concept. We've always been equal but choose not to see it that way.

We're nothing special compared to a random tree even if it's human nature to think we are special. Although on the flip side it could be argued that everything is unique and special.

Was that first word sarcasm or not? :rolleyes:

Well I consider myself better than murderers, paeodophiles and rapists for a start. Their self esteem/worth/value is derived from their interactions with society as is mine.

You are right about the speciesism. Mankind is nothing uniquely "special" in an evolutionary sense. However, within society itself I don't believe people should be always seen as equal. We should endeavour to ensure everyone gets as near an equal chance at the start, but after that we should, and do, scrutinize.
Reply 83
:no:
Most people on TSR think they are superior than others. Truth is your all a bunch of cocky imbeciles that would get the crap kicked out of your sorry asses in real life.
CookieArun
Most people on TSR think they are superior than others. Truth is your all a bunch of cocky imbeciles that would get the crap kicked out of your sorry asses in real life.

Your post is a bit of an oxymoron.

And no thats not a "superior" post, its the truth.
Reply 86
what kind of people? Pedophiles, "normals" or Supremos??
Bagration
Yeah, vastly.

Have you ever been tested for Asperger's? If not, maybe it would be a good idea.
No I'm not Autistic lol.
I'm better than all the people in the 2nd 3rd 4th and 5th poll categories.
I'd definitely say I'm better than most people because tbf most people are unintelligent and ugly.
Better in some ways, but not others
Most people have an IQ below 101 :yes:
cowsgoquack
Most people have an IQ below 101 :yes:

Is that yours?
Reply 94
PurpleMonkeyDishwasher
Have you ever been tested for Asperger's? If not, maybe it would be a good idea.

huh? How does being better than "other people", who, let's face it, are mostly pretty fecking **** (myself included, of course), make you a candidate for Autism?
Hathlan
huh? How does being better than "other people", who, let's face it, are mostly pretty fecking **** (myself included, of course), make you a candidate for Autism?

Sense of self-superiority and disregarding of interests/qualities of other people. It wasn't a judgement based on that post alone, it was based on a lot of other things I've seen him post.
Reply 96
Of course I do. I think I'm better than most people. You have to be, it's called being confident. If I'm bad at something, I'll improve it so I am.
I don't think I'm more important than anyone or that I have more rights to live than anyone else, but I am going to strive to be better than anyone else if I can.
Reply 97
No, but a lot of people on here think they are with their A A A A A A A A A A grade history.
I don't consider myself to be better than other people, not all anyway. There are the dirty trampy chavs on the street and criminals who I do consider myself to be better than and since I'm neither of them why wouldn't I?
When it comes to having to do something competetive then I do consider myself better as for me it's motivation towards proving it to them and working harder to win.
Otherwise no.
Reply 99
PurpleMonkeyDishwasher
Sense of self-superiority and disregarding of interests/qualities of other people. It wasn't a judgement based on that post alone, it was based on a lot of other things I've seen him post.

Meh, I don't think that makes one autistic. I think it just makes someone honest.

Latest

Trending

Trending