The Student Room Group

Boobs, Lingerie & Bra Questions Thread (Continued)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LavenderBlueSky88
A lot of online calculators don't work, there are a couple that do but it's still a bit hit and miss. The best way to work it out is measure under your bust, then over the widest part and take the under measurement as your band size and the difference between the two as your cup size. There's always room for error even in this method. For example my underbust measurement is 28 and my bust is 32 which technically makes me a 28D...but where am I ever going to find one of those? So I use the sister sizes of 30C and 32B mostly.

Right thanks :smile: I'll try that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Where's the best place to get good bras that don't break the bank? I've used primark before but obviously they've all been **** and needed replaced every so often.
Original post by converselove
Where's the best place to get good bras that don't break the bank? I've used primark before but obviously they've all been **** and needed replaced every so often.

Matalan are quite good... Apparently:colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
Matalan are quite good... Apparently:colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile

xD I'll take your word for it and have a look
xD I'll take your word for it and have a look

It might just be because I use my mum's staff discount

Posted from TSR Mobile

All bras need replacing after a while, especially if you wear them a lot. H&M, marks and Spencer, Debenhams, boux avenue, tk maxx all do decent enough bras at cheapish prices. Look for sales aswell.
Does anybody happen to know off the bat anywhere that does vintage lingerie in big, big sizes?
Reply 2307
Thanks for the advice, its really helpful. :biggrin:
Hi, how accurate are those youtube videos that teaches you to self measure? I chose the latest uploaded ones and tried measuring myself but the result was like wtf?
Original post by LavenderBlueSky88
All bras need replacing after a while, especially if you wear them a lot. H&M, marks and Spencer, Debenhams, boux avenue, tk maxx all do decent enough bras at cheapish prices. Look for sales aswell.

Marks and Spencer are great you can buy 2 plainish ones for £14

Posted from TSR Mobile
I normally eat a lot during christmas so I don't reveal too much in january so that the guys cannot see my extra pounds.

diddums
Original post by TheGalwayGirl
Can anyone explain the difference between a push up plunge bra vs a push up balcony bra? Obviously there's a different shape but what are the different effects they have? I think plunger push ups give better cleavage but what about balcony push ups

I prefer the balcony push up, depends how big you are then again doesn't it. I mean for a 32 C a plunge bra is fine.
I am a fem guy who cross dresses A LOT and I love LA SENZA -some top undies
Original post by corax
Anyone know the best site to work out what size you are?

I've measured myself before and came out as a ridiculous size when I did one of those conversion things.

Posted from TSR Mobile

go to the shops and get measured. much better than doing it online/
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
I'm so glad I don't have boobs. This all sounds so complicated. :s-smilie:

nah, boobies are lovely.
Original post by Judomandeano
I am a fem guy who cross dresses A LOT and I love LA SENZA -some top undies

I hate La Senza as the sales assistants piss me off.
I really struggle to find anywhere that actually sells decent bras! Any recommendations on where you can get bras that are both pretty and practical?
My favourite Lingerie store is www.brasandhoney.com! They have loads in from Freya and Curvy Kate and has great prices too!
New Look have my fave bras. They're about a tenner and so pretty. I've had one for ages!

Quick Reply

Latest