The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1980
Original post by adrenaline92
HI, I got an offer from the Commonwealth Hall. Its 23 pounds per night. I want to swap for any LSE Hall which is not that expensive. Preferably Bankside, Roseberry, Passfields or anything

Is yours a single room?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by Trixy.Sam
I am really worried that I wont be able to get kitchen access in my halls (bankside). Do they take into consideration specific dietry requirements, or is it just postgraduates who get the kitchen?

They say they take dietary requirements into account, apparently they'll be emailing us sometime next month to ask when we want to move in and to ask about kitchen access.
Original post by :)...
I have a Passfield shared and I'm still looking to see if anyone has a Rosebery shared/single or even Carr-Saunders single that they'd be willing to swap! Get in touch!

I have a single at international if you're interested. It's £24.50 per night and meals are included. The hall is very close to LSE, second closest of any halls after HH.
Original post by LeoLemuelLau
Hi Guys!

I have a shared room at Northumberland. 40 weeks. No meals provided.
Northumberland House (40 weeks)
Edward VII Rooms
8A Northumberland Avenue
London
WC2N 5BY

Lease Starts: 25 September 2011
Lease Ends: 30 June 2012

Type: Space in a shared room

LOOKING FOR: Single Ensuite Room at any Halls.

Please contact me @ [email protected]

I have a single but shared bathroom at International Hall if you're interested. It's a 50 week contract and at £24.50 per night including meals. The hall is very close to LSE.

By the way (stupid question) are you male or female? cos I don't think I can swap if youre a guy.
Hi~
I have a single en-suite at Sidney Webb house(40week).
I want 50 week contract. Anyone to swap?
sidney webb or Lilian Knowles is ok!!
Original post by LeoLemuelLau
Hi Guys!

I have a shared room at Northumberland. 40 weeks. No meals provided.
Northumberland House (40 weeks)
Edward VII Rooms
8A Northumberland Avenue
London
WC2N 5BY

Lease Starts: 25 September 2011
Lease Ends: 30 June 2012

Type: Space in a shared room

LOOKING FOR: Single Ensuite Room at any Halls.

Please contact me @ [email protected]

I would be happy to swap my single room, sharing a bathroom with one other person, in Canterbury Hall for your shared room in Northumberland House.

FYI:
Arrival Date: 25/09/2011
Departure Date: 30/06/2012
Any changes to these dates must be arranged through the Intercollegiate Halls Accommodation Bureau by email. Charges for additional days will apply

Cost per night: £26.00

Fees Schedule
25/09/2011 £2,548.00
01/01/2012 £2,366.00
01/04/2012 £2,340.00

This includes Breakfast and Dinner.
Reply 1986
Original post by nyreemay
It says on the Rosebery thread that the more expensive ones tend to be in the Myddleton wing and the cheaper in the Rosebery wing.. and more postgraduates are in the Myddleton wing I think? I don't think the size will differ that much.. it also said something about there being better furniture in the more expensive ones. I just chose the cheapest :smile:

The Rosebery wing sounds better, since I'd rather have a load of undergraduates on my floor rather than postgraduates. I'm not bothered at all about the furniture quality so if that's the case then I'll pick the cheapest option aswell. Thanks very much for the reply :biggrin:
Am I right in thinking that demand for Carr-Saunders and Rosebery is VERY, VERY high?

****. :frown:
Reply 1988
If anyone has a single room and doesn't want to take up LSE accommodation, please me know (note: not a room SWAP).
Original post by Diffusion
bleugh this is rather costly for me. i have single bankside (potentially ensuite). price band started from 139 to 159 pw. i need a single at an LSE hall a bit cheaper than 159. anyone?

Although it's been posted above, I also have a shared room at pass field that I'm eager to swap for bankside, but mine is a higher band one, around £110
Original post by kkinlondon
Hi~
I have a single en-suite at Sidney Webb house(40week).
I want 50 week contract. Anyone to swap?
sidney webb or Lilian Knowles is ok!!

Hey I'm interested, I have a 50 week contract at International Hall, its single but shared bathroom at £24.50 per night and meals included. It's very close to LSE also. What are the fees for your room?
Original post by Starlight-x
Although it's been posted above, I also have a shared room at pass field that I'm eager to swap for bankside, but mine is a higher band one, around £110

Hey I have a single at International Hall if you're interested. I know it's not Bankside but it's really close to LSE and is suppose to be quite sociable. I need to change as I only need 31 weeks or 40, it's at £24.50 per night meals included for 50 week contract.
(I also found out that you can't swap a shared room with the opposite sex.)
Original post by Anita B. Studin

Original post by Anita B. Studin
Hey I'm interested, I have a 50 week contract at International Hall, its single but shared bathroom at £24.50 per night and meals included. It's very close to LSE also. What are the fees for your room?

sorry. I just want to swap inside sidney webb or lilian.
Original post by noahneo
Is yours a single room?

yes it is. interested?
(edited 12 years ago)
Hi, i just got an offer for high holborn i applied for a shared room but i got a single, I CANT AFFORD IT!! anyone who got shared at high holborn care for a swap with a single? =)
Original post by arif_rahimi
Hi, i just got an offer for high holborn i applied for a shared room but i got a single, I CANT AFFORD IT!! anyone who got shared at high holborn care for a swap with a single? =)

punca.. how much is it per week?
Anyone wanting to swap a HIGH HOLBORN SHARED for a HIGH HOLBORN SINGLE , please tell me! cheers!
Reply 1997
Hey, anyone who wants a CS shared? I am finding a swap for a shared at Rosebery or Passfield. Thanks
Hey, I got SINGLE at HIGH HOLBORN.
anyone wants to swap?
Preferably....
1. Shared at Northumberland or
2. Shared at High holborn or
3. Single/shared at Bankside
4. Single at Roseberry
5. Single at International Hall
(edited 12 years ago)
It should be illegal to charge us over £150 pw.. what is this madness!? First three preferences: Meals provided, cheapest option, my own bathroom... and I got none at High Holborn! Didn't even choose HH... Thanks, accommodation office. Students' Union should do something about this...

Sorry for the rant.

Latest

Trending

Trending