The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2380
hi guys,

if anyone is looking for private accommodation, I have a lovely double room that i'm looking to let go as I'm moving house. it's in southwark postcode SE1 9NZ, about 20 mins walk to LSE as it's located right off southbank, across the bridge from LSE. it will be available mid sept.

rent is 220 pw, with bills about 135 per month (water, gas, electricity, council tax). it's a bit expensive but basically pays for the quality of the flat and the location is amazing, you save on the transport travelling into LSE and to the office as it's so near! there's going to be some basic maintenance on the flat shortly as well, i.e. repainting and fixing up the bathroom and the flat manager is really dependable.

it has a huuuge living room, a bathroom, second toilet and kitchen. current other flatmate is an ex-LSE and current JP morgan banker and he's really nice.

i have photos of the flat but not of the room. let me know if you'd like to see them, i'll be back in London to take photos of the room itself if you're still interested.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
hii i have a single at bankside and really don't need the 40 weeks so am looking to swap for a single or shared at carr-saunders, passfield or roseberry !
When is everyone intending on moving into their accommodation this year? Also am I right in thinking Freshers' Fair lasts for 2 days (and it is called Orientation)?
Reply 2383
Original post by Melikeyflute
When is everyone intending on moving into their accommodation this year? Also am I right in thinking Freshers' Fair lasts for 2 days (and it is called Orientation)?

Are you at Bankside ? If so then (not 100% on this - need someone to confirm) I think we just turn up to the reception on the 30th of Sep after 10 am, that is what I understand after reading through all the details on hallpad.
Yes, freshers = orientation
Reply 2384
I got no accommodation :frown: i am looking to share with someone :biggrin: the cheaper the better!
Hi everyone,

I got a single room at Sydney Webb, at a very good price (136£/week), and I'm interested in swapping with a Lilian Knowles room (some friends being accomodated there). If interested, please leave me a private message.

Thanks!
By the way has any of you guys received the announced email from the LSE Accomodation Office with further information such as rent per week / room type.

I got an email mid August saying that before the end of August they would reach out to everybody and give us the chance to review and accept our license agreement.

Btw I'm a graduate student (not sure if the procedure/timeline is different for undergrads..)

Any insight would be appreciated ! :confused:
Reply 2387
Original post by BTR88
Im an undergraduate student and was also wondering about that, same situation with me. I might email them on monday....

Good idea, I remember them saying something about getting back to use before the end of August.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by EquityGuru
By the way has any of you guys received the announced email from the LSE Accomodation Office with further information such as rent per week / room type.

I got an email mid August saying that before the end of August they would reach out to everybody and give us the chance to review and accept our license agreement.

Btw I'm a graduate student (not sure if the procedure/timeline is different for undergrads..)

Any insight would be appreciated ! :confused:

I just received mine last week, and they had planned to send this piece of information at around mid-september (an explicit and personal email from the Accomodation service I received, saying they were really overwhelmed by the workload these days), so don't stress.
Hey, is anyone looking to move out of their LSE accommodation room this term - I.e. not swapping to another hall? I know some people did this last year. If a room is going to be vacated, and someone offers it to you, can anyone take it or does it have to go through the accommodation office waiting list? Because people on the waiting list may no longer be interested in taking the vacated room if someone moves out a few weeks into term, ad they'd already have their own place by then. Really need some help with this, thanks!
Reply 2390
Original post by ice_dragoness274
Hey, is anyone looking to move out of their LSE accommodation room this term - I.e. not swapping to another hall? I know some people did this last year. If a room is going to be vacated, and someone offers it to you, can anyone take it or does it have to go through the accommodation office waiting list? Because people on the waiting list may no longer be interested in taking the vacated room if someone moves out a few weeks into term, ad they'd already have their own place by then. Really need some help with this, thanks!

im pretty sure that you'll only get offered rooms through waiting list
unless if you know someone vacating a room then you can fill their place (i think)
the accommodation office will tell you
Reply 2391
anyone giving up their rooms, inbox me, i want it!
Original post by Milan.
im pretty sure that you'll only get offered rooms through waiting list
unless if you know someone vacating a room then you can fill their place (i think)
the accommodation office will tell you

Thanks, that's also what I was thinking. If anyone is vacating their room, let me know which hall and when! Thanks
Reply 2393
Anyone looking to swap a shared at High Holborn for a single at High Holborn?
Hello guys,

I'm a postgraduate from America who is going to read International Relations Theory and I am looking for a place to stay in London. If anyone needs one more flatmate and would be interested, please let me know. Thanks very much
Hi cokesoda,

Getting a shared at high holborn was my first preference! But i am on the waiting list so can't swap with you : (
Reply 2396
HEy there, may i know if anyone gets a place through waiting list? I'm wondering if there's still places if i were to go waiting list right now. Do i stand high chance of getting place if i were a fresher?
Hi,

I am an undergraduate student at LSE and have paid the deposit for a 3 bedroom property in the heart of Russell Square. Will be sharing with a lovely Kings College student and this property is literally a very rare find for this particular area - most stuff has been sold out already and has far smaller rooms, even for the same price range!

We need to secure a third flatmate by Monday who will definitely be up for it. If you are interested, message me and I will give you the details of the property and you can view it tomorrow. Thank you :smile:

If you're looking to end all the flatmate searching dilemma and want something solid and secure, this is really ideal anot to mention being the only property like this in the area that is still available. It's 220 a week per person with bills included, but we are trying to negotiate by 5 or 10 quid down a week. Let me know ASAP, it WILL go fast.
Reply 2398
Hello. I am looking to swap a (female) shared room in Bankside for a (twin) shared room in Passfield. if interested, please PM me.
Thanks
Hey all,

I am a postgraduate coming to London for a Msc. in Finance/Acct. from the USA and looking for a flat and/or flatmates also going to LSE. Looking for apartments in the Zone 1 area, but relatively flexible about where. Message me if you are interested and we can discuss further. Many thanks!

Latest

Trending

Trending