The Student Room Group

samsung D500-how do i download pics from fone to pc?

hello all you men out there, the technologically ignorant and fearful magiccarpet seeks advice.

i have the samsung D500, really cool 1.3MP camera (i didnt know what that was wheni bought it, just bought it cos it look pretty-the shiny black colour matches my CD player)

anyhoo. i wanted just to used those Kodak kiosks in Boots + Dixons where they develop ur photos via IR or Blutooth but they dont work.

how do i transfer the pics onto my PC?please speak slowly.

thanks
Reply 1
Eh? I thought they took CD's and SD cards?

You get any software with the camera?
Reply 2
Get a bluetooth adapter for your computer.

Did you ask a boots member of staff? im pretty sure they do work?
Reply 3
Ohhhhhhhh its a camera phone. I understand now......Get a bluetooth adapter, burn them to disk....That is if it definately dosen't work in Boots
Reply 4
i tried two branches of Boots,they said they had never seen it connect via infrared with anyone before, and Blutooth asks for a passcode when the machine supposedly doesnt have one.

any idea how much is a bluetooth adapter? how do i install it?do i need a USB port? is it just a cable? is there anything i can just plug the fone into my computer?
Reply 5
It'll be USB

You might be able to find a cable

Ebuyer.com
Reply 6
magiccarpet
i tried two branches of Boots,they said they had never seen it connect via infrared with anyone before, and Blutooth asks for a passcode when the machine supposedly doesnt have one.

any idea how much is a bluetooth adapter? how do i install it?do i need a USB port? is it just a cable? is there anything i can just plug the fone into my computer?

If you trying bluetooth in the shop then try turning secure mode off and visibility on: Settings->Connectivity->Bluetooth (possibly also try activation to on)

The passcode is normally displayed to type in with computers, the kiosk may just not be very clever.

If that doesn't work then Froogle (http://www.google.co.uk/froogle?q=bluetooth+usb&btnG=Search+Froogle) says you can get them for about 20 from John Lewis, if you shopped around you could get one cheaper. They just go in your USB port. I won't be able to help further though, because I use the built in bluetooth on my mac with my D500 so it's a bit different!

A.
Reply 7
what does the usb/bluetooth thing do? how do i do it?

Latest

Trending

Trending