The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Apologies for my lack of activity in the last few days people, I've been hella busy
Original post by thunder_chunky
Apologies for my lack of activity in the last few days people, I've been hella busy

You're fired.
Just to let you all know I won't be around Tommorow, I'm off to a wedding.

That's absolutely vile. It's quite disturbing that it passed with such a high majority, too. 23 to 1? Props to the 1 person with ethics.

That's horrendous, and horrendously undemocratic. It's easy to say "well it's Russia, what do you expect?" but honestly I think there should be international condemnation for this.

Btw if you want to start a discussion on this here in the MUN, go for it!
That's horrendous, and horrendously undemocratic. It's easy to say "well it's Russia, what do you expect?" but honestly I think there should be international condemnation for this.

I posted it here because I can't see the UAE starting this one :wink:
Reply 7987
Original post by DayneD89

I feel this pattern might emerge more and more with all these right wing parties taking over Europe.

Congratulations on getting PM btw, don't think I ever said that to you.

In other news, I think this comic sums up TSR's religion forum quite nicely:

http://ragecollection.com/15728

Wouldn't it be deliciously ironic if the UAE tried to lecture Russia on such a thing?
:angry:

It is Russia, you won't be able to do anything about it either as the country is slowly going back towards Totalitarianism.

Still the women are hot, no? :awesome:
Sorry for my lack of involvement, I have recently got a part time job (:woo:) which is amazing :smile: but also time consuming...
Sorry for my lack of involvement, I have recently got a part time job Skyrim which is amazing :smile: but also time consuming...

thunder_chunky

I'll do this. It seems more likely that Australia would do it than UAE, and it was technically part of the election manifesto too. Brb!
Original post by Darren-M
Sorry for my lack of involvement, I have recently got a part time job Skyrim which is amazing :smile: but also time consuming...

I'll do this. It seems more likely that Australia would do it than UAE, and it was technically part of the election manifesto too. Brb!

Oooh Skyrim :woo: I only just ordered it yesterday, I can't wait.
I never completed Oblivion. I got pretty far then got stuck and now I haven't played it for about a year. Nevermind, I'll do it after I'm done with Skyrim. I also ordered Battlefield 3. I figured sooner or later I'm going to have to buy it and start battling the teenage virgin nerds online, may as well be sooner rather than later.

Good stuff :yy:
I'm at home today (called in sick) so I'll do the (rather overdue) MUN update today, and I'll designate it a hot topic for debate.
(edited 12 years ago)
Hopefully now they will start development of the next game in my favorite series, fallout. Personally I want them to do one that is set in Europe as I think it could be interesting how the war effected our corner of the world. More likely to be set in the US of course.
Just to let you all know I'm trying to get a seperate usergroups for the observer groups so that they can be part of the MUN but not have the ability to vote. I reckon putting them into a different usergroup might be a good way to keep it all tidy.
I think the admins are on board with the idea but we are still discussing it in length the finer details.

Will give you an update when I can.
Just to let you all know I'm trying to get a seperate usergroups for the observer groups so that they can be part of the MUN but not have the ability to vote. I reckon putting them into a different usergroup might be a good way to keep it all tidy.
I think the admins are on board with the idea but we are still discussing it in length the finer details.

Will give you an update when I can.

Observers are still allowed to vote in OOC votes on MUN procedure and what-not aren't they, though? Are you intending to just input those votes manually as needed?
Original post by Darren-M
Observers are still allowed to vote in OOC votes on MUN procedure and what-not aren't they, though? Are you intending to just input those votes manually as needed?

Yes they are, however not In Character.
And if this were to happen the people in that new usergroup would be given the appropriate permissions for what they need to do in accordance with their role.
Yes they are, however not In Character.
And if this were to happen the people in that new usergroup would be given the appropriate permissions for what they need to do in accordance with their role.

I don't see a way to allow people to vote in certain polls and not others, though. At best they might be able to allow them to vote only in public/private polls.. but there's no way the forum itself can know whether a thread is IC or OOC and allow specific groups to vote accordingly.. at least I wouldn't think so. :holmes:

I agree that observers voting in IC polls can be an issue, but a combination of making observers aware that they aren't allowed to vote (especially in cases like the EU where it's a bit different from the real UN) and getting to know who is an observer is so it can be recognised in public polls might help to resolve the issue as well.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 7998
Original post by frankayak
QFA

Hi, was just wondering if there was any text or agreements about this Arab League/Baltic Partnership thing, I'm slightly confused as to what stage it's at :/
Crikey, think this should be stickied. 'twas almost on the next page!

How are we all this fine evening?

EDIT: Ooh, 8000th post in this thread. Go me!
(edited 12 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending