The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

My advice:

DON'T ******* TAKE IT.

I haven't had the best experience with MI6 agents.
Reply 21
I'd figure it was time to stop taking the amphets as the hallucinations had become a little too real
Reply 22
I'd take it if I could get my name changed to James Bond. If my offer was denied then I'd still take it.
Reply 23
Id take it. Not for the money, for the thrill.
I'd check my kebab for shrooms.
Think it was a sick joke and slam the phone down
Reply 26
I would sit down with an English grammar book and learn the difference between 'was' and 'were'.
I doubt they'd be very impressed with someone doing a film production degree....
Atomic Tundra
They said they looked at your progress and were very impressed & were offering a senior position with a salary of nearly £150K++ with promotion, your gonna travel the world doing varied "missions" witha chance of death.

But you can't tell anyone and drop your relationships, maybe a chance of never seeing your loved ones, with very long months/years doing agent work?

The chance of death whilst working for MI6 is low. Far lower than being in the army, for instance.

Being in MI6 is not like being James Bond at all. It's more like http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/8000522.stm . You are to all intents and purposes doing a normal job (you have a cover).
Your family and loved ones can come with you. In fact MI6 will assist you in this.

But on your terms I wouldnt accept.
Reply 29
You also realise 150K+, that's not what you earn, nowhere near. Starting salary with MI6 is around 24k a year, you are a civil servant for all intensive purposes, you're not going to earn squat
Reply 30
I'd take it. I'd love to serve my country, have a very good wage and have some adventure.

However, in real life the wage is much, much lower.
Reply 31
The chance to something purely exciting with my life would just be way to alluring for me.
Reply 32
chazilton
As much as I hate myself for typing this, I feel it's appropriate.

" fail. "

Were you unhappy about the split infinitive, or what?
caroline147
I'd take it in a heartbeat :lockstock:

:007:

:shoot:
necessarily benevolent
:007:

:shoot:

Oh wow, I never knew there was an actual James Bond smiley :groovy:

Spoiler

Reply 35
I'd do it :smile: they don't want my languages though, they want Arabic and Chinese. I think that would be a step too far for me, too difficult :frown:
Reply 36
NW86
You also realise 150K+, that's not what you earn, nowhere near. Starting salary with MI6 is around 24k a year, you are a civil servant for all intensive purposes, you're not going to earn squat

You would be a crown servant, not a civil servant. The starting salary is also higher.
Reply 37
Hylean
They wouldn't approach me, I vote for Sinn Fein.

Even more reason for MI5 to contact you!

I'd turn it down because it would be very life threatening to my family if anyone found out.
Reply 38
Xenia Onatopp
My advice:

DON'T ******* TAKE IT.

I haven't had the best experience with MI6 agents.

At least you got to wrap your legs around Brosnan :heart:
I wouldn't take it. Not sure I could cope with a job like that. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending