The Student Room Group

Uni rejected me?

I received my A- Level results last year and I was awarded 120 points. I decided to take a Foundation year and halfway through the year I got bored and stopped attending class and handing in work. During this time I have applied through UCAS to the same uni but to a first-year course. The course requires 120 points which I have, and no specific A-level subjects or GCSE's. I got an update today saying they have rejected both of the courses I applied for despite me having the qualifications for them. Is there anything I can do about this?
What are the courses that you’re applying for?
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
What are the courses that you’re applying for?

Cyber Security
Original post by Fianait
Cyber Security

Do you definitely have the required subjects at A level/equivalent and maths GCSE grades?
Original post by Fianait
I received my A- Level results last year and I was awarded 120 points. I decided to take a Foundation year and halfway through the year I got bored and stopped attending class and handing in work. During this time I have applied through UCAS to the same uni but to a first-year course. The course requires 120 points which I have, and no specific A-level subjects or GCSE's. I got an update today saying they have rejected both of the courses I applied for despite me having the qualifications for them. Is there anything I can do about this?

What date did you apply?
Reply 5
Original post by PQ
Do you definitely have the required subjects at A level/equivalent and maths GCSE grades?

Yes the specification on the website says GCSE maths and English grade C or above. I have GCSE English Literature , English Language and maths at a Grade B. And it also states no specific A-Levels just 120 points which I have and even at that I have an A in SSD (system software development)
Reply 6
Original post by ageshallnot
What date did you apply?

In January a couple of days before UCAS closed
Original post by Fianait
In January a couple of days before UCAS closed

Perhaps they thought the fact that you gave up on the foundation course was a big red flag?
Reply 8
Original post by ageshallnot
Perhaps they thought the fact that you gave up on the foundation course was a big red flag?

It was pointless and something I didn’t want to do. I had no interest in it and was wasting my time by staying in that class
Original post by Fianait
It was pointless and something I didn’t want to do. I had no interest in it and was wasting my time by staying in that class

Have you contacted them in writing to request feedback on your reasons for being rejected?

What does the decision say on UCAS ?
Original post by Fianait

You messed up the Foundation Year, most reasonable unis would reject you, as they may reach out to your current course tutors to gather more information about you. Best thing to do is to apply to other unis. Good luck
Original post by Fianait

What made you decide to do a foundation year instead of Year 1, assuming you had the points needed for direct entry in the first place?
Original post by Fianait

Quite possibly. However, if I employed someone who couldn't be arsed to do a good job on routine tasks I certainly wouldn't consider them for a better job.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending