The Student Room Group

What would you do if...

You thought you were going to **** up your A levels badly, so you applied to extremly low ranking universities. But now you have suddenly turned it all around and are getting A's?

I have accepted my offer at Leeds met but I feel I can probably go somewhere much better, i REALLY need to go to university this year you see.. and on top of all this, I really like Leeds met and the city Leeds, oh and also my insurance offer is Brunel and it doesnt seem like a nice university, what should I do?! Should I just go to Leeds met? :s-smilie:
It depends on the course, if it's like Physics, some fantastic unis will be in clearing, if it's popular, perhaps you could take a year out to work or travel (or both?) and then go next year.
Also, this year clearing's different, so if you do better than your predicted grades, you can look around other universities whilst still holding a firm offer :smile:
Reply 2
clearing? u realli shud hav thought bou tis b4 :frown: clearing i guess? not much choice...gd luk
Reply 3
Damn. I thought this was a City High appreciation thread.... :frown:
Reply 4
Decline and take a gap year.
Maybe you should wait until results day to see how you actually did.
Reply 6
If you did better than expected and you want to go somewhere else then look what's in clearing. If there is something you are interested in then you can ask the uni you are holding an offer for to release you and then apply for another course. Alternatively apply again for 2010 entry when you have all your grades and can more easily see which universities you match well with.

Latest

Trending

Trending