The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

TIGTIG
HOW WOULD YOU KNOW IM STUPID. YOU DO'NT I PERSONNALY SEE PAST CAMBRIDGE AND SEE PARTENTIAL IN OTHERS CAMBRIGE DONT DO FORENSIC SIENCE ANYWAYS I DONT THINK.I DONT WANT TO GO CAMBRIDGE AND WHAT IS WRONG WITH BEING WORKING CLASS ITS NOT MY FAULT EVER HEARD OF THE KARL MARX READ THE BOOK YOU MIGHT LEARN A BIT ABOUT WHY THERE ARE FIXED CLASSES.DONT JUDGE YOU STUCK TOFF

So, not dead then TIGTIG?
Reply 181
roseonthegrave
So, not dead then TIGTIG?

Old thread.
Bhaal85
*Goes off and starts a thread about 'Abertay Dundee' university instead*

ahhhahahaha you're going to scumdee? nay luck mate
sublime_envy
ahhhahahaha you're going to scumdee? nay luck mate

lol harsh
BloodyValentine
lol harsh

harsh but true. When there is a red light in scumdee you don't stop in case you catch some kind of deadly infection from the druggies
Anyone who doesn't go to Cambridge, Oxford, LSE, Imperial or Warwick is viewed as thick these days.
personally I didn't even bother applying out of my home city. Its sad that people view what uni you go to as being thick. I got 7 As in my exams and was in the top 2% of my class for Chemistry. Which I had done Maths instead though. Didn't enjoy my degree
Reply 187
AndyT
Looking at some of the other boards I'm going to assume she means irisng digging up ancient threads.

Hehehehehehe sorry about that I'm new here so I'm just exploring :tongue:
sublime_envy
personally I didn't even bother applying out of my home city. Its sad that people view what uni you go to as being thick. I got 7 As in my exams and was in the top 2% of my class for Chemistry. Which I had done Maths instead though. Didn't enjoy my degree

I am going to a local uni as well, the new campus of greenwich. I haye it the way people look down on certain unis just because they used to be a plytechnic or they are lower in the league tables.
TIMAAAAAAAAAAAY
Anyone who doesn't go to Cambridge, Oxford, LSE, Imperial or Warwick is viewed as thick these days.

That's not true and you know it. What about Durham, Edinburgh, Bristol etc. All those people who go there are perceived as thick are they? Who do you know that holds this view, apart from yourself? I don't know anyone who does, yet you sound like it's the general public opinion....
sublime_envy

What did you do? personally i'd rather apply out of my home city but then again my and my mum really don't get on
Reply 191
I must emphasize that this has been a very amusing thread so far. All universities have merit in their own right. However, there is a hierarchy which is epitomized in the university league tables. Cambridge is seen as one of the best and as such numerous threads will continue to discuss issues surrounding it.There are also other threads on this forum that are dedicated to other universities, so one cannot say there is partinsanship.

Secondly, society is built on a class structure; it is not always strictly divided but one can differentiate the elitist group from the working class. A social station does not define the character traits of a person. The social ladder is not always fixed and people are always assending and descending as circumstances change.
Im from cambridge, im not a univirsity/college man and i get sick of of people always assuming you go to a college or univirsity if you live in cambridge....usually by people who dont live in cambridge whine about it :rolleyes:
Reply 193
TIGTIG
all i hear is cambridge this cambridge that will you all SHUTUP about cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge and more cambridge :redface:
WHAT THINGS DO YOU FIND ABSOLUTETLY IRRATATING?

Erm.......

Cambridge
Reply 194
brasil85
Does any one like me

Sounds to me, your very selfish. Get out of your bubble and see the real-world.
BloodyValentine
What did you do? personally i'd rather apply out of my home city but then again my and my mum really don't get on

what degree? Chemistry. Now I'm joining th RAF
As lots of poeple have pointed out, Cambridge is one of the world's best universities, but this forum shouldn't revolve around it (and I don't think it does...but I have to admit, it seems that the C word is always a big topic for discussion here).

There are plenty of other brilliant universities, and I wouldn't consider myself to be 'thick' at all (I'm dense sometimes, but not thick), although I'm (hopefully) going to King's College in London for medicine. And remember, Cambridge is not the best for all courses. I've heard a lot of people fault its Tripos sysyem for medicine, because of its very traditional approach, which I am not dissing, to any Cam zealots out there!!!(it's just that the integrated approach seems to be a more sensible option in my eyes).
Reply 197
TIGTIG
all i hear is cambridge this cambridge that will you all SHUTUP about cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge and more cambridge :redface:
WHAT THINGS DO YOU FIND ABSOLUTETLY IRRATATING?

at least you dont have to live and study there :rolleyes:
It's amazing how old thread suddenly revive :biggrin:
NDGAARONDI
It's amazing how old thread suddenly revive :biggrin:

I know! It's quite cool though. Old debates rise to the surface once again.

Latest

Trending

Trending