Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by TIGTIG)
    HOW WOULD YOU KNOW IM STUPID. YOU DO'NT I PERSONNALY SEE PAST CAMBRIDGE AND SEE PARTENTIAL IN OTHERS CAMBRIGE DONT DO FORENSIC SIENCE ANYWAYS I DONT THINK.I DONT WANT TO GO CAMBRIDGE AND WHAT IS WRONG WITH BEING WORKING CLASS ITS NOT MY FAULT EVER HEARD OF THE KARL MARX READ THE BOOK YOU MIGHT LEARN A BIT ABOUT WHY THERE ARE FIXED CLASSES.DONT JUDGE YOU STUCK TOFF
    So, not dead then TIGTIG?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roseonthegrave)
    So, not dead then TIGTIG?
    Old thread.
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    *Goes off and starts a thread about 'Abertay Dundee' university instead*
    ahhhahahaha you're going to scumdee? nay luck mate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sublime_envy)
    ahhhahahaha you're going to scumdee? nay luck mate
    lol harsh
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by BloodyValentine)
    lol harsh
    harsh but true. When there is a red light in scumdee you don't stop in case you catch some kind of deadly infection from the druggies

ReputationRep:
    Anyone who doesn't go to Cambridge, Oxford, LSE, Imperial or Warwick is viewed as thick these days.
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    personally I didn't even bother applying out of my home city. Its sad that people view what uni you go to as being thick. I got 7 As in my exams and was in the top 2% of my class for Chemistry. Which I had done Maths instead though. Didn't enjoy my degree

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AndyT)
    Looking at some of the other boards I'm going to assume she means irisng digging up ancient threads.
    Hehehehehehe sorry about that I'm new here so I'm just exploring

ReputationRep:
    personally I didn't even bother applying out of my home city. Its sad that people view what uni you go to as being thick. I got 7 As in my exams and was in the top 2% of my class for Chemistry. Which I had done Maths instead though. Didn't enjoy my degree
    I am going to a local uni as well, the new campus of greenwich. I haye it the way people look down on certain unis just because they used to be a plytechnic or they are lower in the league tables.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TIMAAAAAAAAAAAY)
    Anyone who doesn't go to Cambridge, Oxford, LSE, Imperial or Warwick is viewed as thick these days.
    That's not true and you know it. What about Durham, Edinburgh, Bristol etc. All those people who go there are perceived as thick are they? Who do you know that holds this view, apart from yourself? I don't know anyone who does, yet you sound like it's the general public opinion....

ReputationRep:
    What did you do? personally i'd rather apply out of my home city but then again my and my mum really don't get on

ReputationRep:
    I must emphasize that this has been a very amusing thread so far. All universities have merit in their own right. However, there is a hierarchy which is epitomized in the university league tables. Cambridge is seen as one of the best and as such numerous threads will continue to discuss issues surrounding it.There are also other threads on this forum that are dedicated to other universities, so one cannot say there is partinsanship.

Secondly, society is built on a class structure; it is not always strictly divided but one can differentiate the elitist group from the working class. A social station does not define the character traits of a person. The social ladder is not always fixed and people are always assending and descending as circumstances change.

ReputationRep:
    Im from cambridge, im not a univirsity/college man and i get sick of of people always assuming you go to a college or univirsity if you live in cambridge....usually by people who dont live in cambridge whine about it :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    all i hear is cambridge this cambridge that will you all SHUTUP about cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge and more cambridge
    WHAT THINGS DO YOU FIND ABSOLUTETLY IRRATATING?
    Erm.......

Cambridge

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brasil85)
    Does any one like me
    Sounds to me, your very selfish. Get out of your bubble and see the real-world.
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by BloodyValentine)
    What did you do? personally i'd rather apply out of my home city but then again my and my mum really don't get on
    what degree? Chemistry. Now I'm joining th RAF

ReputationRep:
    As lots of poeple have pointed out, Cambridge is one of the world's best universities, but this forum shouldn't revolve around it (and I don't think it does...but I have to admit, it seems that the C word is always a big topic for discussion here).

There are plenty of other brilliant universities, and I wouldn't consider myself to be 'thick' at all (I'm dense sometimes, but not thick), although I'm (hopefully) going to King's College in London for medicine. And remember, Cambridge is not the best for all courses. I've heard a lot of people fault its Tripos sysyem for medicine, because of its very traditional approach, which I am not dissing, to any Cam zealots out there!!!(it's just that the integrated approach seems to be a more sensible option in my eyes).

ReputationRep:
    all i hear is cambridge this cambridge that will you all SHUTUP about cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge and more cambridge
    WHAT THINGS DO YOU FIND ABSOLUTETLY IRRATATING?
    at least you dont have to live and study there :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    It's amazing how old thread suddenly revive

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    It's amazing how old thread suddenly revive
    I know! It's quite cool though. Old debates rise to the surface once again.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.