I'm Sick To Death Of....................

Watch
This discussion is closed.
roseonthegrave
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by TIGTIG)
HOW WOULD YOU KNOW IM STUPID. YOU DO'NT I PERSONNALY SEE PAST CAMBRIDGE AND SEE PARTENTIAL IN OTHERS CAMBRIGE DONT DO FORENSIC SIENCE ANYWAYS I DONT THINK.I DONT WANT TO GO CAMBRIDGE AND WHAT IS WRONG WITH BEING WORKING CLASS ITS NOT MY FAULT EVER HEARD OF THE KARL MARX READ THE BOOK YOU MIGHT LEARN A BIT ABOUT WHY THERE ARE FIXED CLASSES.DONT JUDGE YOU STUCK TOFF
So, not dead then TIGTIG?
LS.
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by roseonthegrave)
So, not dead then TIGTIG?
Old thread.
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Bhaal85)
*Goes off and starts a thread about 'Abertay Dundee' university instead*
ahhhahahaha you're going to scumdee? nay luck mate
BloodyValentine
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by sublime_envy)
ahhhahahaha you're going to scumdee? nay luck mate
lol harsh
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by BloodyValentine)
lol harsh
harsh but true. When there is a red light in scumdee you don't stop in case you catch some kind of deadly infection from the druggies
TIMAAAAAAAAAAAY
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Anyone who doesn't go to Cambridge, Oxford, LSE, Imperial or Warwick is viewed as thick these days.
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
personally I didn't even bother applying out of my home city. Its sad that people view what uni you go to as being thick. I got 7 As in my exams and was in the top 2% of my class for Chemistry. Which I had done Maths instead though. Didn't enjoy my degree
khil
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by AndyT)
Looking at some of the other boards I'm going to assume she means irisng digging up ancient threads.
Hehehehehehe sorry about that I'm new here so I'm just exploring
wiwarin_mir
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
personally I didn't even bother applying out of my home city. Its sad that people view what uni you go to as being thick. I got 7 As in my exams and was in the top 2% of my class for Chemistry. Which I had done Maths instead though. Didn't enjoy my degree
I am going to a local uni as well, the new campus of greenwich. I haye it the way people look down on certain unis just because they used to be a plytechnic or they are lower in the league tables.
*Joanna*
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by TIMAAAAAAAAAAAY)
Anyone who doesn't go to Cambridge, Oxford, LSE, Imperial or Warwick is viewed as thick these days.
That's not true and you know it. What about Durham, Edinburgh, Bristol etc. All those people who go there are perceived as thick are they? Who do you know that holds this view, apart from yourself? I don't know anyone who does, yet you sound like it's the general public opinion....
BloodyValentine
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
What did you do? personally i'd rather apply out of my home city but then again my and my mum really don't get on
seana
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I must emphasize that this has been a very amusing thread so far. All universities have merit in their own right. However, there is a hierarchy which is epitomized in the university league tables. Cambridge is seen as one of the best and as such numerous threads will continue to discuss issues surrounding it.There are also other threads on this forum that are dedicated to other universities, so one cannot say there is partinsanship.

Secondly, society is built on a class structure; it is not always strictly divided but one can differentiate the elitist group from the working class. A social station does not define the character traits of a person. The social ladder is not always fixed and people are always assending and descending as circumstances change.
will_cambs
Report 16 years ago
Im from cambridge, im not a univirsity/college man and i get sick of of people always assuming you go to a college or univirsity if you live in cambridge....usually by people who dont live in cambridge whine about it :rolleyes:
Bhaal85
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
all i hear is cambridge this cambridge that will you all SHUTUP about cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge and more cambridge
WHAT THINGS DO YOU FIND ABSOLUTETLY IRRATATING?
Erm.......

Cambridge
BurnOut
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by brasil85)
Does any one like me
Sounds to me, your very selfish. Get out of your bubble and see the real-world.
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by BloodyValentine)
What did you do? personally i'd rather apply out of my home city but then again my and my mum really don't get on
what degree? Chemistry. Now I'm joining th RAF
firebladez777.5
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
As lots of poeple have pointed out, Cambridge is one of the world's best universities, but this forum shouldn't revolve around it (and I don't think it does...but I have to admit, it seems that the C word is always a big topic for discussion here).

There are plenty of other brilliant universities, and I wouldn't consider myself to be 'thick' at all (I'm dense sometimes, but not thick), although I'm (hopefully) going to King's College in London for medicine. And remember, Cambridge is not the best for all courses. I've heard a lot of people fault its Tripos sysyem for medicine, because of its very traditional approach, which I am not dissing, to any Cam zealots out there!!!(it's just that the integrated approach seems to be a more sensible option in my eyes).
neha p
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
all i hear is cambridge this cambridge that will you all SHUTUP about cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge and more cambridge
WHAT THINGS DO YOU FIND ABSOLUTETLY IRRATATING?
at least you dont have to live and study there :rolleyes:
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
It's amazing how old thread suddenly revive
firebladez777.5
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
It's amazing how old thread suddenly revive
I know! It's quite cool though. Old debates rise to the surface once again.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (497)
51.56%
No (467)
48.44%

Watched Threads