The Student Room Group

Extenuating Circumstances for exams (EC)?

What really counts as an EC for exam that happens for 1 day (would like answers for City, University of London but any university is fine).
I've never done an EC form before, don't plan to either. I've assumed that rules were always lenient.
Student Home is all over the place with the rules so I want to know from students that have done EC, you don't have to be at City to tell me your experience.
Original post by kp_2004
What really counts as an EC for exam that happens for 1 day (would like answers for City, University of London but any university is fine).
I've never done an EC form before, don't plan to either. I've assumed that rules were always lenient.
Student Home is all over the place with the rules so I want to know from students that have done EC, you don't have to be at City to tell me your experience.

A lot of things count as ECs. Sickness, death of a family member or friend, being victim of a crime on the day of the exam (!)...

A lot of things don't count as ECs though. I got an email from my uni warning me that the (thankfully now called off) tube strikes in London wouldn't be grounds for ECs. Similarly, if you're doing some online assessment, dodgy wi-fi tends to not be accepted as an extenuating circumstance. So the rules aren't necessarily lenient. And they also want evidence to back up your EC.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending