The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
utare
no, they mark positively they mark you on what you have there not what isn't so if the stuff on the paper is really really good then it doesn't matter

Really? But didn't I miss major points? So like.. no chance of an A? :frown:
Reply 21
i mentioned about low turnout and non legitimate gov etc
but not about hol reform, thats not what it really askd for
it was about the democratic deficit ie why we have a apathetic elctorate and the fundimental flaws within our system so no u wudnt have lost many if all
Reply 22
Timing was ridiculously hard. I sadly went a few minutes over on the FPTP question, then a couple of minutes over on the Conservative party question, which left me with 20 instead of 25 minutes for the last question.

Not great timing, but not too horrific.

Hope the next one is equally as nice, question-wise.
Reply 23
While quoting an example i accidentally wrote that elections were held in 1994 rather than 1997, how many marks do you think i would i lose for that?
Also, for my b part of the democracy question i just wrote short, one line points because i didn't have time to elaborate on them, would i still get some marks for it?
How high or low do you guys think the grade boundary is going to be this session?
for the democracy part C question i wrote about HoL reform, wider use of pressure groups and referendums for how there ISNT a deficit
for how there is i only talked how there are still some hereditary peers in the HoL and a bit on censorship of the media

what do you guys reckon was that enough, considering i only wrote about 1 and a half pages
Reply 25
It was so awful. I hate even thinking about it. I completely messed up my timing - ended up going into bullet points for one of the 25 marks and my other 25 mark was incredibly short and really quite one sided. So i'm just counting on my a) and b) questions to bring me up. Having looked at some sample questions, the most useless answers still somehow get 10-12/25 so idk..? Maybe it'll be alright.
I'll just have to try as hard as possible in Unit 2 to get an A..fingers crossed.

Does anyone know whether there is any kind of link between the grade boundaires in January and the ones in the summer? It just seems a little unfair that the grade boundaries can vary so widely. I understand it's based on the difficulty of each exam but here's to hoping that there is...the January grade boundaries were so good.
Reply 26
no there is usually no link, as different people take the exam in June, usually though the grade boundaries are higher in june
how much higher are they likely to be?

Latest

Trending

Trending