The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
StandingOnAir
We theists don't usually mind debating about religion (some of us even enjoy it :p:), and I don't think that was the OP's point. It's the view of the rabid atheist that they are somehow more intelligent/a better person for having worked out that religion is preposterous, and therefore that religious people deserve ridicule, which gets a little bit tedious.

What! Relgious people have been around long before people started questioning religion, then why do religious people deserve ridicule?
:clap2:
Reply 42
anonymous_user
Before I start, Im atheist.

I've been seeing a lot of threads recently where if anyone even mentions religion, it just descends into a God-bashing session. This just seems so hypocrtical, to flame religious people for being "arrogant" and "closed-minded" when we atheists literally tear anyone to shreds for mentioning spirituality.

No, you cannot prove that a god exists, and to try so is stupid. But it is equally stupid to try to prove that god doesnt exist. We can disprove fundamentalist beliefs, such as a young earth or creationism, but anything supernatural, by definition, exists beyond the natural world and beyond what we can measure. Belief in god is a matter of faith, an irrational assumption where rationality cannot apply.

You can question the need for such an assumption, fine, it may seem needless or improbable. But I know from experience that liberal religion does a great deal of good for some people, giving them hope, motivation to be better and do good things, and generally helps them to be happy. What's the point in insulting that?

Guh?
Reply 43
What's the point of the theology section then? Debate the newest and best ways of praying?
Reply 44
cowsgoquack

that picture always sends shivers down my spine. classic. do you have like random relevant photos at your disposal.
Reply 45
2kuayyaz
So you started a whole thread just to tell people it dosn't matter whether they believe in God or not, yeh they should really give you the noble prize

It would be better than giving it to al gore.:p:
Reply 46
2kuayyaz
Relgious people have been around long before people started questioning religion, then why do religious people deserve ridicule?

My father was a racist long before I, not having been born yet, started to question racism: does that make him right?
Reply 47
I completely agree OP
Conflicts are caused by ignorance.,.and unfortunately a lot of people take their ignorance as knowledge :frown:

And youre my hero :smile:

Original post by I-&#9829
Hmmm.....Could you say the wise believe in God?

No of course not. Even as a religious person I wouldnt say everyone who believes in God is wise. Not even close.
Terry Acky
that picture always sends shivers down my spine. classic. do you have like random relevant photos at your disposal.

well it said 'Flaming religious people on TSR'

so I thought I would post a picture of a flaming religious person on TSR

:dontknow:
-XxX-
I completely agree OP
Conflicts are caused by ignorance.,.and unfortunately a lot of people take their ignorance as knowledge :frown:

And youre my hero :smile:

No of course not. Even as a religious person I wouldnt say everyone who believes in God is wise. Not even close.

Not even me :frown:
Reply 50
Not even me :frown:

Are you agreeing or asking lol?
-XxX-
Are you agreeing or asking lol?

Asking lol...
Reply 52
cowsgoquack
well it said 'Flaming religious people on TSR'

so I thought I would post a picture of a flaming religious person on TSR

:dontknow:

ahhh just got it. very well done there.
Reply 53
Asking lol...

:P
well you seem wise enough
but ive kinda only been talking to you for 2 hours or something
even then, you seem accepting...so i doubt youll go around killing people for not agreeing with you...
-XxX-
:P
well you seem wise enough
but ive kinda only been talking to you for 2 hours or something
even then, you seem accepting...so i doubt youll go around killing people for not agreeing with you...

Lol...You don't seem wise though :frown:...Tut Tut
Reply 55
Lol...You don't seem wise though :frown:...Tut Tut

XD

why am i talking to you in 2 places btw?
-XxX-
XD

why am i talking to you in 2 places btw?

because your not wise enough!
Reply 57
because your not wise enough!

youre a hypocrit
-XxX-
youre a hypocrit

No your a hypocrit..Silly :P
Reply 59
I made an identical thread months ago. Same responses too. Eerie

Latest

Trending