The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Cricket, in the summer. Football twice a week, Swimming, also twice a week. Jogging 3/4 times a week. So, that's usually one activity a day.
Reply 21
Hmmm, well I play for a professional tennis team during the summer and have been twice national champion (Ireland). I’ve also played football, badminton, rugby, squash, table tennis, basketball, Gaelic football and hurling at some sort of representative level (from school to county). I used to run cross-country for my county as well. I also play golf occasionally (12 handicap). My latest craze is pool though, goes far better with beer than the others do :biggrin:
Reply 22
i do morris dancing, play for a netball team, go swimming and gym once a week!!
and i jog when the weather is ok!! lol
Reply 23
Hockey all the time! just had 2 matches in 2 days i think my legs r guna drop off :frown:
Reply 24
sporty? only in athletics and general work out. I HATE FOOTBALL! watching it is fine,playing it is awful!
Reply 25
I'm a fencer (foil, although I'd like to try out sabre some day). I'm also on my school's floor hockey team.
Reply 26
Fell running/cross country/road running/track athletics
Football, tennis, cricket, volleyball, table tennis, snooker, rollerblading...
play football only but wanting to play jai alai and hurling along with archey :biggrin:
Reply 28
woahhh, talk about bringing a thread back from the dead!

footie,sprinting,pumping iron
chats
woahhh, talk about bringing a thread back from the dead!

I think a few users are bored.....
Reply 30
i used to swim a lot...now i play table tennis- playing for my borough in the london youth games is about as far as i've gone
I used to play a lot of sport as a child, until I developed a blood problem and kept fainting. Now I just limit it to leisure swimming and yoga :smile:
Yeah, I'm sporty
In the summer I used to go Mountain biking three times or more a week. I also take part in competitions, but I'm not very successful
I also like to play volleyball, and nearly all other games with a time (handball, and so on)
Reply 33
hildabeast
Just wondering if any of you guys consider yourselves to be at all sporty? I was NEVER sporty at school, ever, and now I get up at 5:30 most days to row down a freezing cold misty river at dawn and its great! I feel so much healthier and stonger. What sports do people play, if any?

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Im perhaps too sporty, methinks. Ok lets draw out the carpet.... I play basketball (have done for ever) I play State and national (though the season ended earlier this year). I play with the Queensland Institute of Sport and go to the Australian Institute of Sport ever few months for training etc. I play for Brisbane but only becuase I have to, I also have captained my school girl's team for however ive been going there. Im off to state champs 17th 18th 19th and 20th of this month.

I play state water polo, im too lazy to go any further with that. And I also play for North Brisbane.

I also spend four days in the gymfor around 2 to 2 and a half hours.

Between then I have to go to school, shopping, work, (come here) and study. No wonder I havent time to sleep~!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:
Reply 34
lilsunflower
I used to play a lot of sport as a child, until I developed a blood problem and kept fainting. Now I just limit it to leisure swimming and yoga :smile:

Oh I love Yoga! and Pilates! They make us do that for recovery! :smile:
i play sports whenever i can. PE was my favourite lesson. :rolleyes:
although i hate running and the gym and rowing and such sports, i like sports like volleyball, tennis, basketball,football/soccer, handball... etc
plus im not that useless at it! :rolleyes:
I walk a lot, but I won't go out of my way to do any sports (except horse riding on the odd occassion, if you count that as a sport?). I hated PE at School.

My boyfriend is the complete opposite - sport crazy!
at the moment i moment i cant do any sports coz of an injured knee, but b4 i did judo(i was even invited to participate in a international competition in switzerland but i broke my knee 3 days b4 the competition), and everyday i would play 4 hours of football/basketball with my frends. and i also did loads of rollerskate.
Reply 38
i go to swimming almost everyday, it's fun, and excerise all of your body, keep you fit.
i also play tennis with mates if we have time in weekends (that is only when we are so bored :tongue:), we properly go to park roller skate, bike cycling, kick football, throwing each other aroud, you know just mess about (if you call that a sport). Have fun while excersie :wink:
Reply 39
In school i did alot. Soon as i got into college i stopped completely. Past year i've gotten back into things.

I do gymnastics 2x a week.
I do MMA 2x a week.
I swim whenever possible and i like to do weight training 3x a week.

Latest

Trending

Trending