The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Loughborough university

How do you find Loughborough university? I’m not overly a sporty person so don’t want to feel left out but is there a mix of sporty and less sporty people there?
I’m not a super sporty person however I really like the university so would you say most people who go here are really sporty and it would be hard to fit in?
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Original post by ryanar
I’m not a super sporty person however I really like the university so would you say most people who go here are really sporty and it would be hard to fit in?

Hi @ryanar,

Great to hear you like Loughborough!

I have just finished my second year at Loughborough and there is so much more to Loughborough then just sport! There are countless societies to get involved in- here is a list if you would like to see the kind of things you can get involved in. Also, if you want to do some sport but not at a high competitive level we have IMS where you represent your hall and can play different sports against other halls- this is great fun and a good way to meet people!

From my experience at Loughborough not everyone is sporty so I wouldn't let that put you off- most of my friends don't play sport!

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions about Loughborough please feel free to ask me :smile:

Alex
Original post by ryanar
How do you find Loughborough university? I’m not overly a sporty person so don’t want to feel left out but is there a mix of sporty and less sporty people there?

Hi @ryanar

Don't worry if you're not an overly sporty person, most people I've met here aren't particularly sporty either! There's plenty of other ways to get involved in student life here at Loughborough. From societies to volunteering to RAG opportunities there's lots of ways to meet like minded people. If you do want to get involved in sport we have lots of different levels so there's something for everyone. Loughborough offers something called My Lifestyle which is where anyone at any level can go and have a go at a sport and just have fun for free. Last year me and my friends went along to My Lifestyle tennis and it was nice just to get out try something different!

I hope this helped and if you have any other questions just let us know :smile:

Jess

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending