The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

uni of loughborough

can anyone tell me if Loughborough is generally only sporty and not that academic? I have heard good and bad things and I would take psychology but I do not want it only to be sporty as I play rugby but my main focus is having a good education
Original post by Anonymous #1
can anyone tell me if Loughborough is generally only sporty and not that academic? I have heard good and bad things and I would take psychology but I do not want it only to be sporty as I play rugby but my main focus is having a good education
Hi there,

Great to hear you are considering Loughborough!

I study Psychology and play netball at Loughborough, but similarly to you was worried it was just sports focussed. Since being in Loughborough I have experienced so much more then just sport. The sport is obviously amazing and the facilities are great but the academic facilities and teaching is also impressive. I personally really enjoy the course here as you have the opportunity to learn many aspects of Psychology through many different modules. If you haven't already I would recommend taking a look at 'What you'll Study' on the course page to see the range of modules you will study. You can also choose some optional modules, so you can tailor the course to be what you want. If you are considering doing a placement/year abroad Loughborough is great as they offer so much support in searching and securing a placement/year abroad. I found this particularly helpful.

Another thing to note is that not everyone at Loughborough plays sport. There are so many other things to get involved in. Take a look at our student union website to see what else goes on here at Loughborough.

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions please do ask :smile:

Alex
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Reply 2
Original post by Loughborough Student Community
Hi there,

Great to hear you are considering Loughborough!

I study Psychology and play netball at Loughborough, but similarly to you was worried it was just sports focussed. Since being in Loughborough I have experienced so much more then just sport. The sport is obviously amazing and the facilities are great but the academic facilities and teaching is also impressive. I personally really enjoy the course here as you have the opportunity to learn many aspects of Psychology through many different modules. If you haven't already I would recommend taking a look at 'What you'll Study' on the course page to see the range of modules you will study. You can also choose some optional modules, so you can tailor the course to be what you want. If you are considering doing a placement/year abroad Loughborough is great as they offer so much support in searching and securing a placement/year abroad. I found this particularly helpful.

Another thing to note is that not everyone at Loughborough plays sport. There are so many other things to get involved in. Take a look at our student union website to see what else goes on here at Loughborough.

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions please do ask :smile:

Alex
Okay thank you so much!! How are you enjoying the course so far?
Original post by Anonymous #1
Okay thank you so much!! How are you enjoying the course so far?
Hi,

No problem!

I am enjoying the course. It's obviously hard work but the content is very interesting. I have completed my first 2 years and am now on a placement year. First year gave me the base knowledge I needed for general psychology but also set me up for university work life for example, how to write academically and reference etc. Second year I found very interesting as I had more optional modules so could tailor the course a bit more to what I wanted. There is such a range in psychology of what you learn and how you learn for example, we sometimes do group work, computer labs, tutorials so there is such a variety from just lectures.

I hope that helps. Do you have any other questions? :smile:

Alex
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Loughborough Student Community
Hi,

No problem!

I am enjoying the course. It's obviously hard work but the content is very interesting. I have completed my first 2 years and am now on a placement year. First year gave me the base knowledge I needed for general psychology but also set me up for university work life for example, how to write academically and reference etc. Second year I found very interesting as I had more optional modules so could tailor the course a bit more to what I wanted. There is such a range in psychology of what you learn and how you learn for example, we sometimes do group work, computer labs, tutorials so there is such a variety from just lectures.

I hope that helps. Do you have any other questions? :smile:

Alex
Thank you, yes that's good!

And how are you finding your placement year? Did the uni help alot with support for finding a placement or did you do it mostly urself?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending