The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
are you talking about Edexcel Unit 3A - it was alright except for the titration. I couldn't see the end point! Why couldn't they just use phenolphthalein?!?
Reply 2
Arvinda
are you talking about Edexcel Unit 3A - it was alright except for the titration. I couldn't see the end point! Why couldn't they just use phenolphthalein?!?

yes im talking abt edexcel..it was hard for me.im still shaken up!
too little time for those Q's.i didnt even get to finish.
Reply 3
Arvinda

What indicator did you have to use then? Methyl orange?
Reply 4
saudia khan
omg
how did u guys find the chem practicals???
which Q's did u find to be the hardest.
like i said.........i failed!!! :frown: :frown: :frown:

I wouldn't worry about it too much! You've probably done a lot better than you think!
Reply 5
when is everybody elses exams?
i have math p1 p3 next but thats till next week monday
Reply 6
Yeh rite tht stupid indicator was of no use, but still it got me sumwhere i got my mean titre as 6.73 cm3 n my temperature change was 35.5 C n planning question went allrite!! no the rest of my papers fall in june!!..i willl relax a bit...
Reply 7
saudia khan
omg
how did u guys find the chem practicals???
which Q's did u find to be the hardest.
like i said.........i failed!!! :frown: :frown: :frown:

Hey come on dont be so hard on urself, you got 3B aiting out there for u n do really well in it so tht u could compensate for the misrakes u did.. i m sure u ill round off good if u do tht n work hard for Unit 2 as well..Just relax n take ur time for ur next paper :smile:
Hi PEEPS

Chem practicals, can be strange, especially assessed practicals. I've done all mine edexcel ones spread during the year, some of my answers were totally different to everyone elses. I was like omg! Turns out my answers were perfect, normally all my exps mess up. Tecaher was shocked! Look on the bright side of things. Normally I mess around, but you have to be serious once in a while. GCSE was so fun, not the exam but generally the practicals you could do woteva, as long you got good results in the end. School rep n all.

My next exam is on Thurs Psyc, so no point worryin bout it. Its a case of testing memory rather than intelligence but there u go.

GOOD LUCK TO WHOEVA'S GOT EXAMS

SaNA
Hi! I had the Edexcel practical too.

I got 15.7 cm^3 for titration and that is the correct answer ( i asked my teacher later).

Also the thermochemistry question went okay. The salt was the last one with no hydrogen as the ratio was (1:3).
Well, the answer ill be correct according to ur teacher's calculations..mines were different my teacher got 7.1 i reckon
Reply 11
I did the OCR pratical which was actually quite easy. It was a water of crytstalisation question, and some tests to determine what solution Z was. It turned out to be calcium hydroxide solution :-)
cerebrum_core
Hi! I had the Edexcel practical too.

I got 15.7 cm^3 for titration and that is the correct answer ( i asked my teacher later).

Also the thermochemistry question went okay. The salt was the last one with no hydrogen as the ratio was (1:3).

hi i got 15.9 so hopefully it will be okay!!! i also got ratio of 1:1 then 1:3. wat did u get for salt f, i think i messed it up :frown:
Reply 13
Edexcel, chem practical today, anyone here remember what you get for the formula E solid? i got NH4BR but someone got NH4Cl. And the test with NACO3, so do you put for formula for the ppt? And the planning exercise, do you weigh the ppt? by crystallisation i guess, #finger crossed# Plz anyone share answers with me.
Reply 14
titre is around 15.7 and 1:1 then 1:3 ratio. i got that btw.
Reply 15
i got 14.45cm3... how many marks do you think i'll lose for this if the supervisor's titre was around 15cm3???
Reply 16
check past marking schemes. i am not sure...i hope you got the rest right.
Reply 17
i don't have any of the past marking schemes, could someone who has them tell me how the marks are given. ie: how many marks i'd get if my value was 0.6cm3 different..
Aired
I did the OCR pratical which was actually quite easy. It was a water of crytstalisation question, and some tests to determine what solution Z was. It turned out to be calcium hydroxide solution :-)

i found the OCR one surprisingly easy esp as our mock a couple of wees ago was a water of crystalisation one. i got Z as lime water tho... that the same thing i cat remember? got 7 moles of water aswell. wat bout u?
so relieved the first of it is over!
Reply 19
Arvinda
i don't have any of the past marking schemes, could someone who has them tell me how the marks are given. ie: how many marks i'd get if my value was 0.6cm3 different..

It will depend on the titration and exactly how easy the endpoint was to see - and what other errors were involved.

What was the titration?

Latest