The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Don't listen to them, argue with them. It makes it more interesting.
Pick a religion (Satanism make it more interesting) and argue with them :h:
Reply 3
SpiritedAway
Pick a religion (Satanism make it more interesting) and argue with them :h:

I just have to try that.

:teeth:
Might have to give them a good challenge next time.
It's nice if anything. They think you're going to hell for not being one of them, so they're trying to stop you from being eternally tormented. Take the compliment if anything.
Reply 6
God is gonna curse you :eyeball:
Reply 7
Who's this jehovah and what crime did he commit that so many people were asked to testify at his trial?
Reply 8
Haha Grandad used to invite them in for coffee...
One came to my house last week, she hobbled down the path with a walking stick (she was only about 40). I wanted to ask why God didn't fix her leg, but I resisted.
I've never had one come to my door :frown:. I feel left out. I did have Jehovah's Witness friend, though. We couldn't give her birthday presents :frown:.
Reply 11
Ice_Queen
Haha Grandad used to invite them in for coffee...

You mean your grandad, I am not related to you.
I work with one, he's very funny and jokes around (plays tricks on people).

In fact none of us knew he was a Jehovahs witness until recently.
Some are ok I was friends with a guy during 6th form who's a Jehovas witness and now he's doing physics at UCL. Not all of them are anti-science and brain fudged, his mum was a bit of a psycho though.
Fixesin
Who's this jehovah and what crime did he commit that so many people were asked to testify at his trial?

Jehovah is one of the names of God; for all those people who don't believe in god he does have a name!

Furthermore, not singularly to this person i quoted, but to all, if you don't believe in something there's no need to mock it. I'm an intelligent character, yet I have strong faith and believe, frankly, the idea that all life originated from the implosion of some sort of matter smaller than an atom created all life is, simply, rather comical!
Reply 15
Usually me saying that we are atheists scares them away!!. Last week we had some members from the Church of the Latter Day Saints ( AKA Mormons ) hassle us the very second we stepped out of the car!!. My husband said that he was a follower of Richard Dawkins and they soon left.

My Grandad use to tell Jehovahs witnesses to P off his doorstep and leave him alone.
why not just say: " I don't see why you bother doing this? I mean we all know your not getting into heaven right? That's reserved for 144,000 people and I'm sure it's already full. I mean ok you get a nice new Earth to live on but your working so hard and you don't get the big cheese if you get me. Anyway why do you care if I convert or not? If I don't believe I simply cease to exist at death, you don't believe in Hell in any form, you believe my soul will just cease to be and you will be bought back after a certain amount of time so...don't bother.":p:
Haha, the life of brian springs to mind..
Stephen L100
Jehovah is one of the names of God; for all those people who don't believe in god he does have a name!

Furthermore, not singularly to this person i quoted, but to all, if you don't believe in something there's no need to mock it. I'm an intelligent character, yet I have strong faith and believe, frankly, the idea that all life originated from the implosion of some sort of matter smaller than an atom created all life is, simply, rather comical!

I thought God's name was YHWH( Yahweh)? Is Jehovah a different translation of the Hebrew into English?
Reply 19
The name of them scare me !

Sounds like a gang of people in black cloaks watching people ...

But I just say NO THANKS before they preach to much :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending