The Student Room Group

If you could go back in time to any period of history, where would you go and why?

I always think it would be cool to see a medieval battle take place! Maybe a cool castle siege!

What do you guys think?
I would like to be a fly in the wall at some ancient battle such as thermopylae or cannae.

Edit: the charge of the Winged Hussars along with the other 15k cav coming down the mountain to break the seige of Vienna. That's what I would like to see.
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by CCCU Official
I always think it would be cool to see a medieval battle take place! Maybe a cool castle siege!

What do you guys think?

I always used to like the idea of witnessing a siege but now I think the violence would make me want to run away haha.
Personally I'd go back to the times before Humans to see the nature and megafauna, think it'd be amazing :biggrin:
(edited 5 months ago)
Original post by {Moss}
I always used to like the idea of witnessing a siege but now I think the violence would make me want to run away haha.
Personally I'd go back to the times before Humans to see the nature and megafauna, think it'd be amazing :biggrin:

I think you're right. A battle would be fascinating in theory but quite gruesome to witness the reality. However, mushrooms the size of great oaks? Enormous dragonflies? Sounds pretty cool to me!
Original post by Guru Jason
I would like to be a fly in the wall at some ancient battle such as thermopylae or cannae.

Edit: the charge of the Winged Hussars along with the other 15k cav coming down the mountain to break the seige of Vienna. That's what I would like to see.

I bet that would be quite the sight!

Quick Reply

Latest