I might be doing ISE, which is like EEE but better :smile:
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Why is it better??
Reply 3
Hasan
I might be doing ISE, which is like EEE but better :smile:

I wouldn't say better, it depends more on which fields you're interested in; EEE is more hardware, ISE is more software. Also ISE have less math as I recall. If ISE catches anyones fancy, a switch from EEE is possible within the first week I think.

luminodreamer89
Hi guys and girls! I have been offered unconditionally to enroll in ICL this coming september.

Hope that I can make some friends here and at the same time wish that some seniors will be able to point out tips about workloads, preparation, lecturers, lessons etc to us freshies.

Your course will probably be quite similar to ours 08/09, although my personal tutor did mention that they were considering changing the way things work.

70% of the year mark is assessed by written examinations in Late May/Early June.

30% of the year mark is for coursework, i.e. Electrical Labs, Computing Labs and Technical Communication

I managed to get through by focussing mainly on coursework during the Autumn, and Spring Terms, starting to revise during the 4 week easter holiday. The summer term will probably consist of 4 weeks of revision lectures immediately followed by 2-3 weeks of exams. Also past papers help a lot. Try to do (or if short for time look at) the 2009, 2008 papers before you sit an exam.

EEE students will sit 9 papers in total, Management is a one off that'll probably be examined by a MCQ paper in the first week of the summer term. The other 8 will be scheduled for late may or june.

Again this might change for you lot if any of the proposed changes are implemented.

Didnt go into much detail, what else do you want to know. There ought to be a few EEE/ISE students still checking this forum.

Lookup the eesoc freshers guide (probably hasnt been updated for 09/10 yet).
hey charith_a, thanks alot for your information. It has very much enlightened me, by pointing out the studying method and things to be noted.

Will it be useful if I self-learn some further maths before entering ICL this coming september? Actually my college didnt offer Further Math for Alvls, so i ended taking Bio, Chem, Phy and Maths.

My exam board is Edexcel. The Math Modules for Edexcel examination (S1, S2, C1, C2 C3 C4) are still in control, in my humble opinion. So, I am afraid that whether it will be a large gap when I enter ICL.

Looking forward to your warm reply. Thanks in advance. =)
Reply 5
luminodreamer89
hey charith_a, thanks alot for your information. It has very much enlightened me, by pointing out the studying method and things to be noted.

Not a problem.

luminodreamer89

Will it be useful if I self-learn some further maths before entering ICL this coming september? Actually my college didnt offer Further Math for Alvls, so i ended taking Bio, Chem, Phy and Maths.

My exam board is Edexcel. The Math Modules for Edexcel examination (S1, S2, C1, C2 C3 C4) are still in control, in my humble opinion. So, I am afraid that whether it will be a large gap when I enter ICL.

Looking forward to your warm reply. Thanks in advance. =)

For Maths I, it's mostly complex numbers and calculus. What they ask you to brush up on is Complex Numbers. Nothing fancy, I'm pretty sure that whatever you've already learnt should do. There will be a lot of people who haven't done Further Maths, so you needn't worry.

When you start, if you find the material hard to handle, you can always get some help from your study group leader, personal tutor, or ask questions from the maths lecturer; they're mostly quite receptive and will help out.

Basically the theory is that if you don't cut lectures, you wont have anything to worry about. Even if you do end up cutting lectures, its not the end of the world.
Thanks again charith_a.

Any other seniors around? Any Malaysians roaming around? haha.
Reply 7
charith_a
I wouldn't say better, it depends more on which fields you're interested in; EEE is more hardware, ISE is more software. Also ISE have less math as I recall. If ISE catches anyones fancy, a switch from EEE is possible within the first week I think.

Your course will probably be quite similar to ours 08/09, although my personal tutor did mention that they were considering changing the way things work.

70% of the year mark is assessed by written examinations in Late May/Early June.

30% of the year mark is for coursework, i.e. Electrical Labs, Computing Labs and Technical Communication

I managed to get through by focussing mainly on coursework during the Autumn, and Spring Terms, starting to revise during the 4 week easter holiday. The summer term will probably consist of 4 weeks of revision lectures immediately followed by 2-3 weeks of exams. Also past papers help a lot. Try to do (or if short for time look at) the 2009, 2008 papers before you sit an exam.

EEE students will sit 9 papers in total, Management is a one off that'll probably be examined by a MCQ paper in the first week of the summer term. The other 8 will be scheduled for late may or june.

Again this might change for you lot if any of the proposed changes are implemented.

Didnt go into much detail, what else do you want to know. There ought to be a few EEE/ISE students still checking this forum.

Lookup the eesoc freshers guide (probably hasnt been updated for 09/10 yet).

Very helpful! Thank you!
Reply 8
So, what's the difference between electrical and electronic?
Reply 9
im a malaysian... :yep:

going for ee also i guess

Latest

Trending

Trending