The Student Room Group

Applying to different courses with same personal statement.

I am thinking of applying to Warwick for discrete maths, however my personal statement is more suited to electrical engineering. Will that significantly reduce my chances? I have 3A*s and 1 A predicted at the moment.
Reply 1
Original post by Uwa1234
I am thinking of applying to Warwick for discrete maths, however my personal statement is more suited to electrical engineering. Will that significantly reduce my chances? I have 3A*s and 1 A predicted at the moment.

It is definitely possible to apply to different courses at different universities but you just have to be smart in the way you do it. In your example, discrete mathematics and EE are two very different fields, however, if you want a good chance at receiving offers from both I'd recommend focussing your personal statement more on mathematics. Maths is integral in both of these courses and to make it suitable for EE you could include a few comments on how you are able to apply your mathematical understanding in the context of EE.
Reply 2
Original post by MehulChourasia
It is definitely possible to apply to different courses at different universities but you just have to be smart in the way you do it. In your example, discrete mathematics and EE are two very different fields, however, if you want a good chance at receiving offers from both I'd recommend focussing your personal statement more on mathematics. Maths is integral in both of these courses and to make it suitable for EE you could include a few comments on how you are able to apply your mathematical understanding in the context of EE.

Thank you!
Original post by Uwa1234

Give Warwick a ring tomorrow and ask them

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending