The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3000
vin
giant letters always look that way on tsr :giggle:

Maaiikedo. :o:

whats wrong with deviant art:confused:

I'm not adverse to the community itself, and there are many members that are excellent artists on there, but I've often found that the tutorials confirm to unorthodox approaches, which can be counterproductive to one's improvement of drawing. :sadnod:
Reply 3001
vin
So Onee-Sama likes using a tablet because of her height:lolwut:

:emog:

You had to bring my height into this, didn't you. :sad:
Reply 3002
Matisse
I can relate to this because it took a while for me to adjust too. The tactility of traditional media is evidently lost with a tablet. Nevertheless, after much insistence, I'm finding myself using a tablet for much of my work nowadays. Prior to going digital, I used to paint with oils at large sizes (had to stand and climb ladders), thus the nature of my work has changed. This has been enforced by working commercially. In advertising and publishing, a digital mockup is far more practical and accepted. The other principle advantage is that you're not limited by how much detail you can implement, and that the handy Apple+Z (or Ctrl+Z) is a godsend. :tongue:

I've never been one to conform to rulings, nor was I a particularly good student. I'm something of a free spirit that can interpret what's required of me. At school, I think the general consensus was that I was highly capable, and perhaps even bordering on exceptional in the arts, but an awful student to teach. :o:

I will admit they are very handy and I like them a lot but I just find it more fun to draw stuff out normally, with a tablet I usually end up getting bored something that doesn't happen much when I draw.

I was never classed as very bright at all in school, other than maybe this year (and art in general) I have always been just average which mainly thanks to my laziness and not wanting to do things I didn't like (eg I missed over half my welsh lessons in year 9 thanks to me making sure my saxophone lessons were always during my welsh lessons) so I was never and still not considered one of the good students.
Reply 3003
Matisse
Maaiikedo. :o:
:confused: I never call you mean things:sad:

I'm not adverse to the community itself, and there are many members that are excellent artists on there, but I've often found that the tutorials confirm to unorthodox approaches, which can be counterproductive to one's improvement of drawing. :sadnod:

ah I see, for a second I thought maybe you were going for a they're all pathetic and should be shot angle.:giggle:
Reply 3004
Matisse
You had to bring my height into this, didn't you. :sad:

:emog: sorry
Reply 3005
LastLordofTime
I'm not going to buy any books :giggle:

And I've always been interested in drawing, I've just never been any good XD One of my GCSE Graphic Design pieces was essentially me copy/pasting (via drawing) Hokusai's "Great Wave off Kanagawa", and a couple others (I think I also used Red Fuji/South Wind Clear Sky).

Hands and feet are a pain in the ass XD But it's essential I get them down :p:

There's nothing wrong with tracing, it can actually prove beneficial.

Anatomy is always difficult to get right. Thankfully, it's not so pertinent with manga. :giggle:
Afternoon!

How is everyone? :biggrin:
Reply 3007
vin

Don't insult short people :hmmm:

It's a curse :sad:
Reply 3008
IGX_RSV2
Afternoon!

Kaito:poke:
vin
Kaito:poke:

Vin :poke:

edit: Naruto manga was crazy today :eek3:
Reply 3010
:excited:
Reply 3011
JWH
I will admit they are very handy and I like them a lot but I just find it more fun to draw stuff out normally, with a tablet I usually end up getting bored something that doesn't happen much when I draw.

I've just gotten used to relying on Adobe Photoshop and, to a lesser extent, Corel Painter. I have a lot more control over what I'm doing, and obviously there is a lot more flexibility. In a way, I've become almost spoilt, because I constantly revert back to earlier stages of my work to make alterations. This could be the line-work or the colouring. In the case of my manga, the texturing can be altered or even the lighting. Due to these advantages, I've become almost reluctant to use traditional media. Having a 30" display is also very useful, so I can slouch in my chair, with my tablet (which is an A3), and just do some work. It's also a lot cleaner. :tongue:

I was never classed as very bright at all in school, other than maybe this year (and art in general) I have always been just average which mainly thanks to my laziness and not wanting to do things I didn't like (eg I missed over half my welsh lessons in year 9 thanks to me making sure my saxophone lessons were always during my welsh lessons) so I was never and still not considered one of the good students.

Yeah, I was only considered "capable" because I had a good memory and would put the work in during the exam period. At the end of the day, regarding you achieve what you personally want from school, that's what matters. :smile:

vin
:confused: I never call you mean things:sad:

Neither do I. :confused:

ah I see, for a second I thought maybe you were going for a they're all pathetic and should be shot angle.:giggle:

I wouldn't think that. :no:

vin

You know I'm sensitive about that. :sad:

IGX_RSV2
Afternoon!

Afternoon. We're just preparing (or waiting) for our client to arrive at three. I'm ready. :yes:

How are you? :smile:

JWH
Don't insult short people :hmmm:

It's a curse :sad:

We should stick together. :proud:
Reply 3012
Juno
:excited:

Juno seems happy. :smile: :hugs:
Reply 3013
:hello:

Onto the last episode of kannagi :woo:
Reply 3014
Matisse

Neither do I. :confused:
that was a hint for a translation:frown:

You know I'm sensitive about that. :sad:
I'm shorter than you.:s:

IGX_RSV2
Vin :poke:

edit: Naruto manga was crazy today :eek3:

Ive not read it yet.:s-smilie:

Truered

you took your time:lolwut:
Reply 3015
Matisse
Juno seems happy. :smile: :hugs:

Tis day off
Reply 3016
I started it about four days ago :huff:
Matisse

Afternoon. We're just preparing (or waiting) for our client to arrive at three. I'm ready. :yes:

How are you? :smile:

Good.. at the moment :biggrin:

Not sure how i'm going to get lunch, dish washing and dinner done! My parents are away and I don't know how to use the dish washer(silly I know).. so i'm gonna have to do it all by hand :frown: ewwwww just looking at it makes me feel sick.
Reply 3018
:woo: first page of my manga done now a good few more to go :grin:
Reply 3019
Truered

This series really picked up during the end. :yes:

vin
that was a hint for a translation:frown:

Oh, I didn't think a translation was needed. It's simply 'Oh well'.

I'm shorter than you.:s:

But your height (or overall size) is what makes you so cute. :yes:

Juno
Tis day off

Ah, that explains it. :smile:

IGX_RSV2
Good.. at the moment :biggrin:

Not sure how i'm going to get lunch, dish washing and dinner done! My parents are away and I don't know how to use the dish washer(silly I know).. so i'm gonna have to do it all by hand :frown: ewwwww just looking at it makes me feel sick.

You should learn how to use the dish washer. :giggle:

Latest