The Student Room Group

Can an obsessive guy be faithful?

If he was obsessed with having you and wanted you really badly, would he before faithful than guys who aren't obsessed?
Original post by Pkyek
If he was obsessed with having you and wanted you really badly, would he before faithful than guys who aren't obsessed?

As with anything, it depends on the individual's personality / character and morals. I guess it also depends on what attracted him to you in the first place.

As a rule of thumb, if they were in a relationship and became obsessed, then yes I would say then they're more likely to be unfaithful... but again, that would depend on other multiple factors.
This question is oddly specific...
Reply 3
Yes, often they are as faithful as a devoted pet animal who never leaves their favourite person's side and can almost be mistaken for their shadow.
Personally I'd be more worried about an obsessive guy turning very controlling, paranoid or violent during the relationship.
Then into a crazed stalker type after the relationship has ended.
Asking for a friend?
He wouldn't be any more or less faithful than any other guy. Or, at least, this wouldn't be the reason why.
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Old Skool Freak
As with anything, it depends on the individual's personality / character and morals. I guess it also depends on what attracted him to you in the first place.

As a rule of thumb, if they were in a relationship and became obsessed, then yes I would say then they're more likely to be unfaithful... but again, that would depend on other multiple factors.

Why would an obsessed person become unfaithful?
Reply 7
Original post by 1582
He wouldn't be any more or less faithful than any other guy. Or, at least, this wouldn't be the reason why.

Why not?

Original post by Crazed cat lady
Asking for a friend?

Yes
Reply 8
Original post by londonmyst
Yes, often they are as faithful as a devoted pet animal who never leaves their favourite person's side and can almost be mistaken for their shadow.
Personally I'd be more worried about an obsessive guy turning very controlling, paranoid or violent during the relationship.
Then into a crazed stalker type after the relationship has ended.

If he was already a but controlling before dating??, like he wouldn't listen to no , wouldn't agree to stop communicating , would delete then re-add on whatsapp etc?
Reply 9
Original post by Pkyek

Is this about your boyfriend when you started dating, or someone else, in which case what does it matter?

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7368300
Original post by Pkyek
Why would an obsessed person become unfaithful?

Sorry, perhaps I should have been more specific.

What I meant was if they were previously in an existing relationship, and they became obsessed with you... and then left their partner, then IMHO, they would be more likely to stray.

It's the same logic as when those having an affair become a "real" couple... what's to suggest the same thing isn't going to happen a bit later on down the line?
Reply 11
Original post by Old Skool Freak
Sorry, perhaps I should have been more specific.

What I meant was if they were previously in an existing relationship, and they became obsessed with you... and then left their partner, then IMHO, they would be more likely to stray.

It's the same logic as when those having an affair become a "real" couple... what's to suggest the same thing isn't going to happen a bit later on down the line?

No he wasn't in any relationship
Reply 12
Original post by Pkyek

I believe this depends on different factors such as Physical attraction, sexual compatibility, empathy, and emotional connection so he might be faithful and in other hand not be faithful is a two ways kinda thing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending