The Student Room Group
On campus building at University of South Wales
University of South Wales

Has anyone applied to USW? (Cardiff)

Hi there, I want to study Game Art at USW in 2024, I was given a conditional offer last week so now I’m trying to find others who have applied to study at USW (Cardiff campus)

I’m not entirely certain about me choosing USW as my first choice, it honestly depends on whether or not Abertay University accepts me and if my experience at the offer holder day + in Dundee is better than my experience in Cardiff

I unfortunately did not go to an open day for USW so I don’t actually know how many people are even interested in studying Game Art …. which kind of worries me as I already know it is a niche course but I’d like to try and meet new people in my course as well as other courses

Does anyone know if there’s any online groups for USW applicants? I was invited to join a What’sApp group recently but it is unfortunately not active :frown:

Any help would be appreciated!
Reply 1
Original post by deadlyr4ve
Hi there, I want to study Game Art at USW in 2024, I was given a conditional offer last week so now I’m trying to find others who have applied to study at USW (Cardiff campus)

I’m not entirely certain about me choosing USW as my first choice, it honestly depends on whether or not Abertay University accepts me and if my experience at the offer holder day + in Dundee is better than my experience in Cardiff

I unfortunately did not go to an open day for USW so I don’t actually know how many people are even interested in studying Game Art …. which kind of worries me as I already know it is a niche course but I’d like to try and meet new people in my course as well as other courses

Does anyone know if there’s any online groups for USW applicants? I was invited to join a What’sApp group recently but it is unfortunately not active :frown:

Hello, I got an offer for USW Cardiff for illustration, also not completely sure about choosing it and haven't been to an open day because I live quite far. There is one soon and I saw you can get a travel bursary for your trip.

Not sure about online groups haven't looked yet honestly
On campus building at University of South Wales
University of South Wales
Reply 2
Original post by Llilio

Hello, I got an offer for USW Cardiff for illustration, also not completely sure about choosing it and haven't been to an open day because I live quite far. There is one soon and I saw you can get a travel bursary for your trip.

I’m possibly going to an open day in May since it’s the only one im able to attend realistically
I hope you’re able to go to one, I’ve visited the campus before last year for a personal tour and it’s actually really nice ^_^
Also yeah….. unfortunately there doesn’t really seem to be much online groups up atm… I was invited to a group chat on WhatsApp but it’s pretty dead sadly
Reply 3
Original post by Llilio

Also oops sorry I repeated myself I kind of forgot what I wrote in this post since it’s been a week LOL
Reply 4
Also oops sorry I repeated myself I kind of forgot what I wrote in this post since it’s been a week LOL

loll its okayy
Reply 5

Hihi! I've applied for computer animation but i went to the game art open day first. Honestly, the only reason why I chose one course over the other is because i like animation and the usw game art course doesnt cover animation, but it genuinely seems like a really great course! Especially around the south-west area :]
If you take a look at their student reel (should be on the youtube channel) there's generally a really high quality of work produced and students get a lot of opportunities to work in both big and small studios.

A couple of my friends are gonna be in game art, and computer anim and games generally tend to work together so I'd be down if we wanted to make a games/animation/vfx type group :]
Reply 6
Hihi! I've applied for computer animation but i went to the game art open day first. Honestly, the only reason why I chose one course over the other is because i like animation and the usw game art course doesnt cover animation, but it genuinely seems like a really great course! Especially around the south-west area :]
If you take a look at their student reel (should be on the youtube channel) there's generally a really high quality of work produced and students get a lot of opportunities to work in both big and small studios.

A couple of my friends are gonna be in game art, and computer anim and games generally tend to work together so I'd be down if we wanted to make a games/animation/vfx type group :]
Reply 7
Original post by Sp0rios

Oooh that's great! I'd be happy to join a group :-)
And that's seriously reassuring to hear.... since making this post I started to feel like going to USW would be the best choice for me but I had some minor anxious thoughts
So that's v nice to hear
Reply 8
Oooh that's great! I'd be happy to join a group :-)
And that's seriously reassuring to hear.... since making this post I started to feel like going to USW would be the best choice for me but I had some minor anxious thoughts
So that's v nice to hear

Oh yeah I totally get you, I was deciding between Gloucester and USW for a while but it seriously seems like a really good uni!!
If you DM me your social(s) I'd love to add you (probably a bit easier to chat on there than here lol)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending