Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anime Soc Chat: Ignoring crazed lolis since 2006! Watch

ReputationRep:
    I don't import much stuff myself. If there is ever a game I want that is in a different country I just wait for someone else to import a few and put them up on ebay. This usually works very well seeing as the prices of these items are always very low for some reason to the point I got a imported Crisis Core for about £20

ReputationRep:
    Well in total with packaging it came to £17.29 so I think I've skipped import duties/tax but I still think I have to pay VAT, 3.5% customers duty, and excise duty. :mad:

If I do have to pay for these then how do I? Do I get a letter saying to send the money in the post or something? I'm sure tax can't be that high for a simple book.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vin)
    generally you dont have to pay anything extra, Ive imported countless things and always been fine, but there is a slight risk that you might:tongue:

:wavey:
    I think it was Parcel Force that charged my friends, not sure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unknown?)
    Well in total with packaging it came to £17.29 so I think I've skipped import duties/tax but I still think I have to pay VAT, 3.5% customers duty, and excise duty. :mad:

If I do have to pay for these then how do I? Do I get a letter saying to send the money in the post or something? I'm sure tax can't be that high for a simple book.
    My friends had to go down to the shipping company's nearest Depot (where it was being held until payment) and pay them there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LastLordofTime)
    I think it was Parcel Force that charged my friends, not sure.
    This for some reason may have made me imagine a bunch of postmen dressed up as something along the lines of the power rangers delivering parcels :ninja:

Once again I may be having a random day.

ReputationRep:
    Depot? Sorry is that like royal mail postal building with all the vans where all the mail gets sent to be delivered in the local area?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unknown?)
    Depot? Sorry is that like royal mail postal building with all the vans where all the mail gets sent to be delivered in the local area?
    Yeah, but it will depend on who is responsible for delivering it to you It might not be the Royal Mail.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Just saw this used regarding endless eight

Milhouse: Making movies is so repetitive. I've said Jiminy Jillikers so many times the words have lost all meaning!

Director: We've got to do the Jiminy Jillikers scene again, Milhouse.

Milhouse: But we already did it. It took seven hours, but we did it. It's done!

Director: Yes, but we've got to do it from different angles!
    Again and again! And again and again and again and again and again!

Milhouse: Aaaaah!
    :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    :emo:

ReputationRep:
    :tumble:

ReputationRep:
    :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liquidus Zeromus)
    :emo:
    :jumphug:

ReputationRep:
    :hmmmm2:

ReputationRep:
    :pee:

ReputationRep:
    oi! :hmmm:

:poo: :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JWH)
    :hmmmm2:
    :penguinhug:

ReputationRep:
    i cant be bothered with my ongoing series so im downloading Kekko Kamen :yeah:

ReputationRep:
    Blog updated.

Face something something.

*sleeps*

ReputationRep:
    lol Liquid that ****** up vid in your sig :rofl:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 9, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.