The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1480
I don't import much stuff myself. If there is ever a game I want that is in a different country I just wait for someone else to import a few and put them up on ebay. This usually works very well seeing as the prices of these items are always very low for some reason to the point I got a imported Crisis Core for about £20
Well in total with packaging it came to £17.29 so I think I've skipped import duties/tax but I still think I have to pay VAT, 3.5% customers duty, and excise duty. :mad:

If I do have to pay for these then how do I? Do I get a letter saying to send the money in the post or something? I'm sure tax can't be that high for a simple book.
vin
generally you dont have to pay anything extra, Ive imported countless things and always been fine, but there is a slight risk that you might:tongue:

:wavey:

I think it was Parcel Force that charged my friends, not sure.
Unknown?
Well in total with packaging it came to £17.29 so I think I've skipped import duties/tax but I still think I have to pay VAT, 3.5% customers duty, and excise duty. :mad:

If I do have to pay for these then how do I? Do I get a letter saying to send the money in the post or something? I'm sure tax can't be that high for a simple book.

My friends had to go down to the shipping company's nearest Depot (where it was being held until payment) and pay them there.
Reply 1484
LastLordofTime
I think it was Parcel Force that charged my friends, not sure.

This for some reason may have made me imagine a bunch of postmen dressed up as something along the lines of the power rangers delivering parcels :ninja:

Once again I may be having a random day.
Depot? Sorry is that like royal mail postal building with all the vans where all the mail gets sent to be delivered in the local area?
Unknown?
Depot? Sorry is that like royal mail postal building with all the vans where all the mail gets sent to be delivered in the local area?

Yeah, but it will depend on who is responsible for delivering it to you :smile: It might not be the Royal Mail.
Reply 1488
Just saw this used regarding endless eight

Milhouse: Making movies is so repetitive. I've said Jiminy Jillikers so many times the words have lost all meaning!

Director: We've got to do the Jiminy Jillikers scene again, Milhouse.

Milhouse: But we already did it. It took seven hours, but we did it. It's done!

Director: Yes, but we've got to do it from different angles!
Again and again! And again and again and again and again and again!

Milhouse: Aaaaah!

:mmm:
:emo:
Reply 1490
:tumble:
:ninja:
Liquidus Zeromus
:emo:

:jumphug:
Reply 1493
:hmmmm2:
:pee: