(Original post by O Maestro)
    ^^

I agree with Vin

NERDS

:p:
    :five:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JWH)
    I like reading quiet a bit i never read anything intellectual :sad: and most of my intelligence has been destroyed over the years by video games and me doing rather stupid things for a laugh.

So i shall also agree with Vin :grin: ........for a change
    How can video games destroy your intelligence..... TRAITOR :backstab:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liquidus Zeromus)
    depends on the game, something where your constantly pointing and clicking without any thought can do it, but a good strategy game will improve it :yes:

ReputationRep:
    by erasing all thought from my mind that isn't involved in playing the game

nasty :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vin)
    depends on the game, something where your constantly pointing and clicking without any thought can do it, but a good strategy game will improve it :yes:
    I don't play strategy games :indiff: I mostly play rpg's that most of the time involve hours of mindless playing so that you can level up your characters a bit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JWH)
    I don't play strategy games :indiff: I mostly play rpg's that most of the time involve hours of mindless playing so that you can level up your characters a bit.
    POKEMON :woo: :woo: :woo:

Gotta catch em all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vin)
    I get where you're coming from. Tactical RPGs are also good, but of course it depends on their difficulty. Final Fantasy isn't often that mind-stretching.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chipie)
    POKEMON :woo: :woo: :woo:

Gotta catch em all
    :rofl:

It's been ages since I last played a pokemon game though they do destroy a decent amount of thought at times.

ReputationRep:
    that was the easiest comparison I could think of

ReputationRep:
    lol i'm off :ciao:

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm a cold strongbow can is very effective at numbing the pain from a tooth ache though i have to keep swapping them now and then

ReputationRep:
    Apparently Video games actually somewhat increase your inteligence (not too sure about this one) , your reflexes and your manual dexterity :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vin)
    you must have been a boring thing:console:
    :dry: I was actually quite a sociable creature when I was younger - mainly because I was involved in so many after school activities.....ballet, irish dancing, drama, choir, orchestra, sliver band.....this hermit-like behaviour of mine is a fairly recent development :s:

But I was also a major bookworm....I think I worked my way through the majority of my local library's Nancy Drew & Point books one summer :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caraniel)
    :dry: I was actually quite a sociable creature when I was younger - mainly because I was involved in so many after school activities.....ballet, irish dancing, drama, choir, orchestra, sliver band.....this hermit-like behaviour of mine is a fairly recent development :s:

But I was also a major bookworm....I think I worked my way through the majority of my local library's Nancy Drew & Point books one summer :mmm:
    irish dancing :giggle: I have an interesting mental image of you drunkenly doing river dance :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    I hated Irish dancing - it was nothing like Riverdance (although that hadnt even come out when I was taking lessons :erm:) and the posture and arm positions were completely conflicting with what I had learned in ballet (which I started at the age of 4).....plus the teacher was an evil ***** :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Only thing i did in primary was netball and choir xD

ReputationRep:
    I think my mother liked having me out of the house :giggle: She let me sign up for anything and everything......I was a curious child, I wanted to try everything regardless of whether I had any talent for it or not :ahee:.......except sports. I hated sports.....still do :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    die sports die.

ReputationRep:
    I don't mind sports other than football i hate football seeing as every time i play the ball has a magnetic attraction to my face. Though my fav sport is snooker :grin:. I was part of my schools Jazz band for a bit and I have done a few other things.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Chipie)
    die sports die.
    Agreed, I disliked any sporting activity during school, preferring to sit in the corner with a book. :tongue:

During school, the only extracurricular activity I partook in was playing the piano. I would play everyday. Eventually, I would represent my school, along with a team, in annual music competitions across Japan. Each year, we would do surprisingly well, with one year (2002), where I managed to get to the semi-final. Too bad that weird looking girl was deemed better. :sad:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 9, 2009

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.