The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1760
Kagutsuchi
I think he she found a job. :yes:

Hm, would explain the need to wake up so early. :yes: - This is good for his development. :proud:

On the topic of employment, if you don't mind me asking, any luck with the interview you had?
Reply 1761
Matisse

Spoiler

Why are you spoilering the name of one of the most well known anime characters? :mmm:

Afterall he does star in the popular Sasuke Naruto manga :awesome:
Reply 1762
Truered
Why are you spoilering the name of one of the most well known anime characters? :mmm:

Afterall he does star in the popular Sasuke Naruto manga :awesome:

I was thinking this when I posted, but chose to add the spoiler tag anyway. :tongue:
Reply 1763
:hahaha:
Matisse
Hm, would explain the need to wake up so early. :yes: - This is good for his development. :proud:

On the topic of employment, if you don't mind me asking, any luck with the interview you had?

It went well but they phoned me a week later and said I was confident and articulate but they decided to go with a different person because she said she wanted to be a planning director in the future. :erm:

I'm now going for a less demanding job... such as work in Pret a manger. :cute: But i'm also doing various volunteering jobs and learning French and Chinese at the same time so I fear my time on TSR will be greatly reduced. :sad:

Rant over. :tongue: I remember you saying you wanted to learn/refine french some time ago. How's that going?
Reply 1765
Kagutsuchi
It went well but they phoned me a week later and said I was confident and articulate but they decided to go with a different person because she said she wanted to be a planning director in the future. :erm:

I'm now going for a less demanding job... such as work in Pret a manger. :cute: But i'm also doing various volunteering jobs and learning French and Chinese at the same time so I fear my time on TSR will be greatly reduced. :sad:

This is the problem, even if you've done everything you could have done, and the interview went according to plan, the employer may still favour someone else for the slightest of reasons. Oh well, maybe the 'less demanding' role will work out for the best. At the very least, you're keeping proactive, which is a good thing. :yes:

Rant over. :tongue: I remember you saying you wanted to learn/refine french some time ago. How's that going?

Sadly, nothing. I've been meaning to book an evening class at some point, but with the new job, and the upcoming move, I just haven't gotten around to it. :no:
Reply 1766
Volunteering is fun :yes:
Matisse
Sadly, nothing. I've been meaning to book an evening class at some point, but with the new job, and the upcoming move, I just haven't gotten around to it. :no:

You could self-teach with a textbook and an audio cd. :yes: That's basically what I did for my French GCSE (my teachers were useless. They spent 2 lessons teaching us to count to 10 and the days of the week. :wtf:). I think you should learn chinese before french. :yes: It's in much more demand than French.

How was your family dinner? I forgot to ask. :redface:

Yuuki
Volunteering is fun :yes:

:yep:
Reply 1768
Kagutsuchi
You could self-teach with a textbook and an audio cd. :yes: That's basically what I did for my French GCSE (my teachers were useless. They spent 2 lessons teaching us to count to 10 and the days of the week. :wtf:). I think you should learn chinese before french. :yes: It's in much more demand than French.

Yes, I've managed to "obtain" a few PDF/audio guides that I've dabbled with for a few hours. I should get back to it. As for Chinese (Mandarin), I'll be honest, I don't like the language that much. :o: - I learnt Mandarin because it was offered at my school, but it's not a language I'd willingly choose to learn. :o: - This is more recreational on my part, and French is still useful to know. :tongue:

How was your family dinner? I forgot to ask. :redface:

It went well, much discussion ensued regarding current circumstances and future plans. I've hit it off with my middle brother's girlfriend. We really get on, which is nice. This is the first girlfriend I've met that I've befriended properly. In the past, I was merely polite and vice versa. It's an age thing, I guess. My younger brother's girlfriend is sweet, but she's only 17, and in her case, it does show. :giggle:
Reply 1769
Matisse
I've hit it off with my middle brother's girlfriend.

:teeth:

:giggle:
Matisse
Yes, I've managed to "obtain" a few PDF/audio guides that I've dabbled with for a few hours. I should get back to it. As for Chinese (Mandarin), I'll be honest, I don't like the language that much. :o: - I learnt Mandarin because it was offered at my school, but it's not a language I'd willingly choose to learn. :o: - This is more recreational on my part, and French is still useful to know. :tongue:

:sad: it's a lovely language. :puppyeyes: Then if we ever meet we could talk in Chinese and Japanese. :h: Happy times.

Matisse
It went well, much discussion ensued regarding current circumstances and future plans. I've hit it off with my middle brother's girlfriend. We really get on, which is nice. This is the first girlfriend I've met that I've befriended properly. In the past, I was merely polite and vice versa. It's an age thing, I guess. My younger brother's girlfriend is sweet, but she's only 17, and in her case, it does show. :giggle:

As in she's immature? :tongue:

When I was still going out with my ex I dreaded letting her meet my sister. :afraid: She (my sister) know things I'd rather she (my ex) didn't know. :tongue: Unfortunately they did get along though, and so ensued many hours of giggling behind my back and random jabs at my pasts. :cry:
Truered

First her hairdresser and now her brother's girlfriend. :shock:

Aiko you fiend. :teeth:
Reply 1772
Kagutsuchi
:sad: it's a lovely language. :puppyeyes: Then if we ever meet we could talk in Chinese and Japanese. :h: Happy times.

When I was still going out with my ex I dreaded letting her meet my sister. :afraid: She (my sister) know things I'd rather she (my ex) didn't know. :tongue: Unfortunately they did get along though, and so ensued many hours of giggling behind my back and random jabs at my pasts. :cry:

I read the last word as pants :lolwut:
Truered
I read the last word as pants :lolwut:

I have very nice pants. :cute:
Reply 1774
Kagutsuchi
I have very nice pants. :cute:

:nutcase:
Reply 1775
Kagutsuchi

It's not purely a preference thing, I just find it very hard to learn. The Japanese writing system lends itself to Chinese (kanji), but re-appropriates everything. It's just really annoying and confusing. I have a moderate 'conversational' understanding of Mandarin, so if we were to meet, we could speak it. Japanese, obviously. :tongue:

She's immature, but not because she's acting silly. She's very quiet, likely due to shyness, which is understandable. My younger brother does have a tendency, if I may say so, to glorify my 'successes'. He would mention certain employers I've worked for (namely a certain big fashion magazine), and how I've worked for large clientele (like that Nike Sportswear project), without properly understanding himself what it entailed. It doesn't help that she's also never travelled outside Asia, so it's all new to her. She's an adorable girl, but my middle brother's girlfriend is more talkative and we have more in common (anime and manga, for starters).

Luke was frightened to meet my brothers. He's such a pussy. :tongue:
Reply 1776
hi:indiff:
Reply 1777
Truered

Kagutsuchi
First her hairdresser and now her brother's girlfriend. :shock:

Aiko you fiend. :teeth:

I mean...

:no:
Reply 1778
Matisse

Luke was frightened to meet my brothers. He's such a pussy. :tongue:

No I'm not :ninjagirl:

For lame discussion:

What anime archetype characters would everyone say the different animesoc members are? :mmm:
Reply 1779
vin
hi:indiff:

Matisse
I miss little Vin-kin. :sad:

Silly Vin-kin. :sadnod:

Latest