The Student Room Group

Oxbridge blues!!!!

Im probably expecting AABB in AS level examinations in Maths,biology,physics and chemistry respectively. Could have done better but just screwed it up. So what are the chances of getting an interview at Oxbridge for competitive courses such as economics and law????

Bearing in mind i have staright A's( 8 subjects and three A*s) at O'level and im from pakistan????

And what about hidding your scores and sending ur transcripts????the risks assosiated with this????
Reply 1
not harm to give it a shot
Reply 2
Learn to spell? And then give it a shot. You have nothing to lose and it's not the end of the world if it doesn't happen.
Reply 3
I wanted a song! :hmmm:
OP: You've got nothing to lose if you apply, so if you think you can make it then by all means give it a go.

This thread title stirred up some brilliant memories for me of the classic film that was "Oxford Blues". Here's the trailer if you're interested. I would highly recommend it if you want a laugh :smile:

link
Reply 5
Craig_D

And I thought this was going to be about sporting awards.:biggrin:
In the Cambridge prospectus it says they expect international applicants to be in the top 1/2% of their year group. How strict they are about this I don't know but for competitive courses such as those they are likely to want mostly As.
Reply 7
Are you predicted at least 3As at A-level? That's kind of the bare minimum for a serious Oxbridge application. Occasionally someone does scrape through with AAB, but it's rare and usually requires mitigating circumstances. Plenty of subjects haven't taken anyone with less than AAA in ages (obviously the most competitive ones fall in this category).

Good O-levels/GCSEs (you did actual O-level exams, not GCSEs?) will help, but aren't that important compared to A-level.

If you want to apply you may as well go for it. Just bear in mind it's going to be a long shot.
Craig_D

Don't worry OP, I have friends who were given interviews with ABBA :awesome:

Latest

Trending

Trending