The Student Room Group
That's a bizarre thing to ask...

At what level and what field?

:eyeball:
Reply 2
first year Uni. gen. chemistry which is roughly equivalent to AS/A level Chem.

it'd have organic chem, inorganic, nanotech, kinetics, thermodynamics and equilibrium, acids/bases/titrations and electrochem
That's quite a broad range for a theme to coincide with.

Anyway, this is the lecturers job :p:
Reply 4
I smell a troll...

but if it *is* true and not just an attempt at starting a rumour about what is going to be in exams before the poor students even start at uni.... then look at exam board past papers for external boards and pick one from about 1990?
Reply 5
Spacecam
I smell a troll...

but if it *is* true and not just an attempt at starting a rumour about what is going to be in exams before the poor students even start at uni.... then look at exam board past papers for external boards and pick one from about 1990?

this is not a troll. Besides, it's not for a British based university.

You mentioned external boards exams 1990. you happen to know where I can get those. Tried the official sites and didn't find any.
Reply 6
The best I can come up with is an exam in which each question is centred around chemistry for which a Nobel Prize was won. That the kind of thing you're looking for?
Reply 7
-Kav-
The best I can come up with is an exam in which each question is centred around chemistry for which a Nobel Prize was won. That the kind of thing you're looking for?

emmm maybe. you happen to have a sample of it?
Reply 8
k0rrupter
emmm maybe. you happen to have a sample of it?

Sadly not. I don't think Queen's have ever gone in for a themes in their papers. However, I suspect Nobel Prizes have been awarded in most areas of chemistry, so you shouldn't have too much trouble putting it together. It's not great, but I can't for the life of me think of anything else that's even remotely suitable.
Reply 9
Possibly also a biological/biochem theme? You can fit most of chemistry around such things.
Reply 10
Finding a theme is not much of an issue. I want a sample exam which relates its questions to the theme just to have a look at.
Reply 11
Well, there doesn't seem to be any. Go go imagination.

Latest