The Student Room Group

Do I have enough time to turn my grades around??

On my most recent mocks I got 6s in RS, English Lit, and Chemistry. I’m aiming for all 7+ in my real exams and was wondering what revision tips anyone has to turn my grades around, if I even can?
Reply 1
Original post by fjeksjxnfie
On my most recent mocks I got 6s in RS, English Lit, and Chemistry. I’m aiming for all 7+ in my real exams and was wondering what revision tips anyone has to turn my grades around, if I even can?

Yes it’s definitely possible. Just ask your teachers where you need to improve. Do past papers and give them to teachers to mark. Always mark harsh if you mark yourself.
you absolutely have time to improve!!
I didn't do RE so won't be much help there unfortunately, but for the others I can help!

English:

flashcards for key quotes with analysis

mindmaps to summarise key themes/characters

essay planning/practice for all the questions that you can find

save my exams

Chemistry:

cognito - topic videos with questions

seneca learning - summary of all content

past papers

save my exams

physics and maths tutor

Reply 3
Flash cards are a lifesaver the night before exams,
for English lit especially you want to be doing as many practice questions as possible, don't complete them in full but try doing as many plans as possible.
Not sure how to help with chemistry since I suck at it
hope this helps
From my experience:

Sciences - Making personal notes/rewriting a whole textbook summarised with key points required to learn (not just random info). That way, essential information sticks to your brain as you mind-map each unique idea through font and style on paper. If you want to make things stand out in your notes to remember some key points, try drawing diagrams to add to your notes. That way, you are able to recognise the section of info you've summarised - make it stand out!

Watching videos online helps me fill the gaps in knowledge for different sciences. I recommend Primrose Kitten and FreeScienceLessons on YouTube!

English - Practice papers - Moreover, warm up with writing until you're comfortable with writing at a fast pace. (A fun thing I find which helps expand my vocabulary is by watching Netflix shows!)

Maths - Honestly, I don't think you can really 'revise' maths - so instead, make sure you understand all the concepts and correlations in the curriculum.

Remember, this is my way of studying to get 9s for each subject; Additionally, each person has their own style of revision - so I advise you try different revision strategies and find one which works best for you!
Good luck with the revision!

Quick Reply

Latest