The Student Room Group

a level combination

Does anyone else in year 13 do economics chemistry and biology, I’m asking this since I’m the only person in my school doing these together so I’m curious as to how others are finding it
Reply 1
Original post by mo_z.123
does anyone else in year 13 do economics chemistry and biology, i’m asking this since i’m the only person in my school doing these together so i’m curious as to how others are finding it
I DOOOOOO exact same combo and I did AS MATHS TOOS
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by halfharry
I DOOOOOO exact same combo and I did AS MATHS TOOS

I did RS as my AS😭
I did RS as my AS😭
lol i considered doing Rs for a level seeing as i did really good at gcse..... thank god I didn't the teacher is apparently badd....anyways what do you want to know?
Reply 4
lol i considered doing Rs for a level seeing as i did really good at gcse..... thank god I didn't the teacher is apparently badd....anyways what do you want to know?

I’m jus wondering how other people are revising for it since the econ content is so long and has no correlation to bio and chem so idk what to revise first
I’m jus wondering how other people are revising for it since the econ content is so long and has no correlation to bio and chem so idk what to revise first
so i have my exam board (edeexcel) exams in may and my bio/chem ones in june... so I've realised mastering paper 1 and paper 2 econ is my priority. However... I know myself and that I can't make revision notes on weekdays, so I make my notes on the weekend and do practice qs during the week. As for bio and chem at my school we've finished content for both subjects so we just do revision lessons until we go on study leave. For econ, I plan to finish all paper 1 content (Theme 1 and theme 3) by this weekend. At school we were given a booklet of qs of every single possible q thats come up by topic, so I'm going to plan all the 25 markers and 15 markers as they are very repetitive with their themes and qs they ask. I'll start writing the ones I find difficult and give to my teacher to mark- he's the principal examiner of my exam board so I trust his judgement. I just do past paper qs by topic for chem, because we finished the content a month ago. I'll do past papers closer to the time. Enough of the waffle, I'm basically tying to say

focus on paper 1 and 2 econ

for bio paper 1: AS papers + practice qs

for chem I'm just going throug physical and inorganic topic qs at the moment

Reply 6
so i have my exam board (edeexcel) exams in may and my bio/chem ones in june... so I've realised mastering paper 1 and paper 2 econ is my priority. However... I know myself and that I can't make revision notes on weekdays, so I make my notes on the weekend and do practice qs during the week. As for bio and chem at my school we've finished content for both subjects so we just do revision lessons until we go on study leave. For econ, I plan to finish all paper 1 content (Theme 1 and theme 3) by this weekend. At school we were given a booklet of qs of every single possible q thats come up by topic, so I'm going to plan all the 25 markers and 15 markers as they are very repetitive with their themes and qs they ask. I'll start writing the ones I find difficult and give to my teacher to mark- he's the principal examiner of my exam board so I trust his judgement. I just do past paper qs by topic for chem, because we finished the content a month ago. I'll do past papers closer to the time. Enough of the waffle, I'm basically tying to say

focus on paper 1 and 2 econ

for bio paper 1: AS papers + practice qs

for chem I'm just going throug physical and inorganic topic qs at the moment

huhhhh for bio I’ve still got lots of content to get through in school and for chem we still havent finished either. For econ though we finished like two weeks ago so yea I’m mostly jus sorting out my exam technique on the essays but for chem/bio I’m still reteaching myself the content from yr12 so i dont have any gap in my knowledge and then I’m gonna start sorting out my exam technique so i should be fine when exams come around
huhhhh for bio I’ve still got lots of content to get through in school and for chem we still havent finished either. For econ though we finished like two weeks ago so yea I’m mostly jus sorting out my exam technique on the essays but for chem/bio I’m still reteaching myself the content from yr12 so i dont have any gap in my knowledge and then I’m gonna start sorting out my exam technique so i should be fine when exams come around
Ah sounds good!!!! Lmk if you have anymore qs or just need moral support- our subject combo isn't common at all😭😭

Quick Reply

Latest