The Student Room Group

Really angry and clueless with paypal. someone help

I've just set up online banking with my current account and to my disgust I've found that paypal.com have taken a total of £12.00 from my meagre university accout for reasons I have no clue! I dont have a seller's account on ebay and the cash withdrawls happened on the 18th april, 5th and 6th of may at £4.00 each time! Beside these withdrawls is the description:

DDI CREATE CHARGE
JPMC RE PAYPAL INT

Could someone please help me with this as my account has been munched by £12 which I really need. I've just deleted my current account off paypal incase this happens again.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
So, you have a student account, which you added to your paypal account yes? This is really confusing. I know when you set up paypal they charge you 2 differing amounts in pence so that you end up with a 4 digit code that you can use for verification on the paypal website. However, these are only meant to be pennies and should be recredited to your paypal account afterwards.

Have you used your paypal account for anything?

The only thing I can think of is that if you try to withdraw funds from paypal into a bank account but enter incorrect bank details then they charge you for the transaction not going through - is this possible?

Hmmm I'll see if I can think about anything else
Reply 2
vinny221
I've just set up online banking with my current account and to my disgust I've found that paypal.com have taken a total of £12.00 from my meagre university accout for reasons I have no clue! I dont have a seller's account on ebay and the cash withdrawls happened on the 18th april, 5th and 6th of may at £4.00 each time! Beside these withdrawls is the description:

DDI CREATE CHARGE
JPMC RE PAYPAL INT

Could someone please help me with this as my account has been munched by £12 which I really need. I've just deleted my current account off paypal incase this happens again.

Maybe email PayPal? With your previous account details and the details of the money that was taken and the dates. Ask them who they were to and say that you had no knowledge of these transaction, basically just explain the situation.

Is it possible someone may have been using your account?

I'm pretty sure they'll be as helpful as they can, hope you get it sorted. :smile:
Reply 3
the amounts that they take out of your account for verification purposes are tiny, as in £0.02.. but possibly going up to £0.99 at the very very most. and there are only two of these amounts taken out.

unless it's something like ebay selling fees which you hadn't paid, or something like that, then i've got no idea.
Reply 4
vinny221

DDI CREATE CHARGE
JPMC RE PAYPAL INT

and you've never bought anything using ebay?
Reply 5
I have bought nothing. I will email them now.
Reply 6
Have you sold anything using Ebay?
I also have a problem, i cant pay for ebay good coz i have to setup a direct debit account now! this never happened before...how do i get things bak to normal with out making a ditrect debit account?
Reply 8
Sorry! I SOLD nothing.
Reply 9
vinny221
Sorry! I SOLD nothing.

Have you had any strange emails lately from paypal that tell you to click a link and then enter your username and password? Or has anyone else got access to your email account and paypal password?
Reply 10
Absolutely not. I've just checked my current account bank statement and 3 separate £4 withdrawls have been made under the heading:

DDI CREATE CHARGE
JPMC RE PAYPAL INT
Reply 11
If you log into paypal does it give you any more clues there?
Reply 12
I am logged in and there is no sign of any cash removal in my history. I've emailed them now over this and hope for a reply soon.
Reply 13
ive never had any money be withdrawn,but i get randomly emails saying my paypal has been accessed from a foreign IP address,can i please click on the link below to confirm details. THe link never works!

Then again im also suspecious of it being a scam. Im confused!

Does anyone else get this?
Reply 14
How do I totally delete a bank account from ebay?
Reply 15
this might be of interest:

http://www.blagger.com/scripts/db4.php?company_id=1400&companyname=Softxpress.co.uk

also, it seems that JPMC = JPMorgan Chase & Co (the bank)
Reply 16
vinny221
How do I totally delete a bank account from ebay?

From ebay? I didnt think you could link an account to it? But if so..i would image in my ebay in the bottom left windows/links
Reply 17
www.paypalsucks.com

btw you can never delte your bank details from paypal

they are thieves
Reply 18
I hate them! Slithering theives! They grab my current account and extract all they can like hot monkeys! Human nature makes me sick!
Reply 19
I agree not good service at all !

Latest

Trending

Trending