The Student Room Group
Reply 1
if the credit crunch keeps going like this, most likely it will due to the extreme increase in applications :yes: mostly from mature students apparently going to uni cos they cannae get a good job without degrees!

although really i have no idea, just taking a guess since no one else replied :biggrin:
Reply 2
Surely_unsure
Or will people be put off from applying owing to the predicted levels of competition?

yeah, people wont even bother playing the game :s-smilie:
graduate entry for medicine places, have also had high competition, some places have like 22+ Applications per place, that's only going to rise, but then the rising cost off uni may put people off
yes
Reply 5
Yes, more than likely if this recession carries on like it is.
Reply 6
It's a bit of a perpetual cycle really. There's a huge backlog of graduate jobs because there aren't enough jobs for everyone, and because there aren't many jobs people feel they have to go onto the next stage of education to be able to compete.

Even when the recession eases off I think it'll take quite a bit of time for the graduate job market. The backlog is gonna take quite a while to settle down. Undergrad + Postgrads will more than likely become more and more competitive in the next few years, but hopefully it'll ease off a bit in 2-4 years time depending on how the recession recedes.
I think the extent to which people progress into further education will increase too. Not content with a bachelors which everyone and their mum has, many will continue onto a Masters/phd, simply to distinguish themselves from the crowd and enhance their future job prospects.

Latest

Trending

Trending