The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL PWP October 2023

Is anyone else thinking of applying for the PWP course at UCL starting October 2023. It seems some people are still waiting to hear if they've gotten a place to start February so very early days I know. Just wondered if anyone has a rough idea when applications are expected to open, and what everyones backgrounds/experience is like. I'm not feeling too confident with everything I've read!
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Is anyone else thinking of applying for the PWP course at UCL starting October 2023. It seems some people are still waiting to hear if they've gotten a place to start February so very early days I know. Just wondered if anyone has a rough idea when applications are expected to open, and what everyones backgrounds/experience is like. I'm not feeling too confident with everything I've read!

The October intake usually opens in May with interviews often conducted late June/throughout July depending on the service.

As for experience, it really varies. I've seen people with good experience not get an interview and others with less than a year of experience secure a post. I think it depends on your statement and if you're addressing everything as laid out in the job spec. It also sometimes just takes some persistence. I've got onto the Feb 2023 start but that was my third application to the program and the first time I got invited for interview. I also think that the October starts are more competitive as they fall within the usual range for school start/end times. A February start can be a bit trickier to accommodate, especially if people are finishing up degrees so they won't be available to start in February or people don't realise UCL do two intakes per year, so I think the Feb intakes are less competitive than October (but only just).

I would definitely recommend giving it a go if it's something you want to do! You can also look to pick up work that would feed in to mental health experience, like volunteering with Mind or other MH charities or becoming a support worker or something of that ilk. It's a difficult and extremely competitive process but if it's what you want then definitely apply! Worst that can happen is you don't get it, so you try again for the next intake.

Good luck!
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Does anyone know approximately how long until we start to hear back?
Reply 3
Original post by Smilyswell
Does anyone know approximately how long until we start to hear back?

I got an interview invite on Tuesday so it must of started at some point this week, but every location is different
I received an email from UCL saying I might not get an answer within the next two weeks (but this email was sent on the 20th of July) and it's been more than a month since I got this email.

Altough they said that if application says "under assessment" means they are still deciding. However I have a question is there the possibility that UCL will not give me an answer and just simply forgot or had too many application so then they just ignored mine?

Thank you
Original post by Anonymous
I received an email from UCL saying I might not get an answer within the next two weeks (but this email was sent on the 20th of July) and it's been more than a month since I got this email.

Altough they said that if application says "under assessment" means they are still deciding. However I have a question is there the possibility that UCL will not give me an answer and just simply forgot or had too many application so then they just ignored mine?

Thank you

Hey, how long did it take to hear back in the end?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending