NICS Staff Officer and Deputy Principal recruitment 2022

Watch this thread
gaynor_scraggins
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Thread for the 2022 NICS recruitment for Staff Officers (April 2022) and Deputy Principals (May 2022).

I'm aware there's a similar thread, but as that one dates back to 2019, I decided to start a current one for the current campaigns.

GS
gaynor_scraggins
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
DP recruitment closed today - did everyone who wanted to apply manage to submit, or were there any issues with the website (like there were for the Staff Officer applications)?

GS
gaynor_scraggins
Rep:
Updates on both (although as far as I can make out, there isn't a lot happening on either SO or DP programmes yet!)

Staff officer:

Online assessments all completed, so now everyone is playing a waiting game while the results/eligibility sifts are processed.
First interviews scheduled for w/c 27 June, and will be running for 2 weeks, so hopefully people will start to hear something soon.

Deputy principal:

Applications closed, and I didn't hear about any drama/website crashing like it did for the SO applications.
An email will be issued to all applicants on 27 May inviting them to take the online assessments. These need to be completed by 5pm on Friday 10 June.
Leelu26
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by gaynor_scraggins)
DP recruitment closed today - did everyone who wanted to apply manage to submit, or were there any issues with the website (like there were for the Staff Officer applications)?

GS
I got mine in and just received an email asking for my reasonable adjustments (dyslexic).
Do you have a link to the DP Candidate booklet? Thanks
gaynor_scraggins
Rep:
(Original post by Leelu26)
I got mine in and just received an email asking for my reasonable adjustments (dyslexic).
Do you have a link to the DP Candidate booklet? Thanks
I think if you search for the vacancy number you should get it. If not, you might need to contact HR Connect.
drew Walcott
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I suppose it's reasonable to assume we should have the results for the SO tests next week then if they're planning on issuing invites to the DP aptitude tests next week - Am I right in thinking they mentioned taking the results from the SO tests if you passed instead of doing them all over again? Couldn't find it in the candidate info booklet but I could swear I read that whilst applying for the DP role
gaynor_scraggins
Rep:
(Original post by drew Walcott)
I suppose it's reasonable to assume we should have the results for the SO tests next week then if they're planning on issuing invites to the DP aptitude tests next week - Am I right in thinking they mentioned taking the results from the SO tests if you passed instead of doing them all over again? Couldn't find it in the candidate info booklet but I could swear I read that whilst applying for the DP role
drew Walcott I didn't see that about not having to re-take the tests. I thought they'd need to be taken again as it's a different grade.
gaynor_scraggins
Rep:
Both of the candidate information booklets can be found at this page:

https://irecruit-ext.hrconnect.nigov...areer/Join-Us/

Just scroll down the page to "Recent Competitions" for the DP and SO info.
drew Walcott
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Thats the results in for the staff officer comp tests, hope you guys got through! I'm around 800 on the merit list so imagine ill be waiting a bit before I hear anything (management decisions killed me lol)
Cptripper
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Thats the results in for the staff officer comp tests, hope you guys got through! I'm around 800 on the merit list so imagine ill be waiting a bit before I hear anything (management decisions killed me lol)
800 is very good, do you still need to pass the sift though
smcgax
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hi guys, 1159 here. Good luck everyone in the sift
drew Walcott
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Cptripper)
800 is very good, do you still need to pass the sift though
Thanks! Aye that'll be a challenge in itself! hope if I don't get through the sift they'll be able to tell me why
smcgax
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Does anyone know how long it takes for the eligibility sift results to come out?
Waffle123!
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
How many posts are there, roughly?
davfir99
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Thanks! Aye that'll be a challenge in itself! hope if I don't get through the sift they'll be able to tell me why
If it's like last time, which it 99% will be, they don't, it's simply a "not enough information" or something to that effect.
smcgax
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Name:  image.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  273.1 KB
As of Feb 22, there were 456 SO vacancies across all departments.
damianmcr11
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Don't expect much feedback if you dont pass the sift unfortunately.
davfir99
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by smcgax)
Does anyone know how long it takes for the eligibility sift results to come out?
No, shouldn't be long though, had half expected the sift for the top candidates to be done already but interviews are 27/06/22 to 08/07/22, if you expect 2 weeks notice then it should be within the next 3 weeks but I suspect it'll be a little sooner than that
Waffle123!
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Forgive me if this is a silly question but why do they not do the eligibility sift first?
Cptripper
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Waffle123!)
Forgive me if this is a silly question but why do they not do the eligibility sift first?
That would be a lot of reading to do for people who didnt pass the test
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

What is missing from the school curriculum?

Basic life skills (eg. cooking) (16)
27.12%
Financial skills (eg. taxes, budgeting) (30)
50.85%
First aid skills (3)
5.08%
Personal safety skills (1)
1.69%
Sign language (8)
13.56%
Expanded sexual health/relationships (0)
0%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
1.69%

Watched Threads