The Student Room Group
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen

Scroll to see replies

moonshine_1991
I only know about it because all Scottish unis do it, otherwise I would have been quite oblivious.

What literature? I just firmed today so is there literature on its way or should I already have it :s-smilie: ?

I'm not sure if you get it sent, but I got it from the opening event before Christmas. It was bundled with the prospectus: 'The Difference'. So you've probably got it too. :smile:

It has a whole section on the 'Enhanced Study' and I didn't think to read it. It went in my bag and never left there :frown:

Now that I've read it, I'm actually impressed. a) I can't believe I missed this, and, b) I'm surprised the English/NI/Welsh Uni's don't do something like this, it could be really useful for everyone to have done something like this.
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen
WhereIsMyMind
I'm not sure if you get it sent, but I got it from the opening event before Christmas. It was bundled with the prospectus: 'The Difference'. So you've probably got it too. :smile:

It has a whole section on the 'Enhanced Study' and I didn't think to read it. It went in my bag and never left there :frown:

Now that I've read it, I'm actually impressed. a) I can't believe I missed this, and, b) I'm surprised the English/NI/Welsh Uni's don't do something like this, it could be really useful for everyone to have done something like this.

I don't have this. I don't think I have this. I probably have this and have misplaced it... Crap.
moonshine_1991
I don't have this. I don't think I have this. I probably have this and have misplaced it... Crap.

It's on the web too: http://www.abdn.ac.uk/documents/crefBrochure.pdf

Page 7 :smile:
WhereIsMyMind

Thank you :smile: .
OK. Please tell me if I'm worrying for the sake of worrying, but I see ABDN's accommodation portal still says it's too early to book. But Unite are allowing bookings for NCC? How does that work?

I don't want to miss out, and I'm tempted to go ahead and see what happens and see if it'll let me book. :ninja:

Edit: 'An application using this UCAS reference has already been submitted, if you wish to make any changes to your appication please contact the accommodation office' - I need to breathe. :o:
Hows the gay scene in Aberdeen?? I just firmed for primary ed!
Reply 606
WhereIsMyMind
OK. Please tell me if I'm worrying for the sake of worrying, but I see ABDN's accommodation portal still says it's too early to book. But Unite are allowing bookings for NCC? How does that work?

I don't want to miss out, and I'm tempted to go ahead and see what happens and see if it'll let me book. :ninja:

Edit: 'An application using this UCAS reference has already been submitted, if you wish to make any changes to your appication please contact the accommodation office' - I need to breathe. :o:

yeah im curious also, or do we wait for the package? What does NCC stand for?

I just firmed my unconditional last week and just came back from aberdeen yesterday, after looking at the halls and i have say that i very much like New Carnegie, although the woman said it was self catered. Moreover, I also a look at the catered accom in crombie/johnston and it was not at new and clean as new carnegie IMO.

Is New Carnegie part of North Court or South House or is that a different sector of hillhead? lol pardon my ignorance!
WackyWacky
Hows the gay scene in Aberdeen?? I just firmed for primary ed!

Errrm. How you doing? :sexface:

:p:
WhereIsMyMind
Errrm. How you doing? :sexface:

:p:

lol im good cheers, you going to aberdeen? know anything about the gay scene?
WanHei
yeah im curious also, or do we wait for the package? What does NCC stand for?

I just firmed my unconditional last week and just came back from aberdeen yesterday, after looking at the halls and i have say that i very much like New Carnegie, although the woman said it was self catered. Moreover, I also a look at the catered accom in crombie/johnston and it was not at new and clean as new carnegie IMO.

Is New Carnegie part of North Court or South House or is that a different sector of hillhead? lol pardon my ignorance!

NCC aka New Carnegie Court.

I'm in a similar position. I firmed my unconditional a while back. I tried to apply for accommodation online and it went through (as in accepted my details). I then called the accommodation office and got told (rather bluntly) not to worry and that I'll receive an accommodation information pack for 2010 entry when they it's time.

I haven't heard back from them yet. However, I know Unite (unite-students.com) have NCC listen on their website with 'limited availability', so I'm unsure whether to wait for ABDN to get in touch (as it appears cheaper with them directly), but if there are limited places, I want to get one ASAP.

I'm looking at NCC for the same reason. Crombie Johnston etc look rather 'shabby' :frown:
WackyWacky
lol im good cheers, you going to aberdeen? know anything about the gay scene?

I'm going to ABDN :yep:

I don't however (:ninja:) know anything about the G-scene. It'll be interesting to explore and find out.. :wink:
WhereIsMyMind
I'm going to ABDN :yep:

I don't however (:ninja:) know anything about the G-scene. It'll be interesting to explore and find out.. :wink:

Nice what are you studying? im not really out, but plan to come out in uni. dont know what past friends would think. Same id like to explore :biggrin::biggrin:
WackyWacky
Nice what are you studying? im not really out, but plan to come out in uni. dont know what past friends would think. Same id like to explore :biggrin::biggrin:

I'm taking English literature and history :smile:

Oooh. It'll be fine :smile: It doesn't matter what your friends will think, if they're true friends, it will not matter. If they have a problem, then they're not worth knowing! :wink: Besides, you'll be able to make loads of new friends at ABDN! :woo:

I've visited ABDN a couple of times, but never explored properly before. So freshers will most likely be a blast! :p:
WhereIsMyMind
I'm taking English literature and history :smile:

Oooh. It'll be fine :smile: It doesn't matter what your friends will think, if they're true friends, it will not matter. If they have a problem, then they're not worth knowing! :wink: Besides, you'll be able to make loads of new friends at ABDN! :woo:

I've visited ABDN a couple of times, but never explored properly before. So freshers will most likely be a blast! :p:

hmm i guess your right but people that talk behind my back etc, still not ready for that. i know there is a gay society, is it still active?
WackyWacky
hmm i guess your right but people that talk behind my back etc, still not ready for that. i know there is a gay society, is it still active?

Ooh. I get what you mean. :frown:

I'm not sure about the Gay SOC. But the Buddhist SOC seems like fun. :biggrin:
WhereIsMyMind
Ooh. I get what you mean. :frown:

I'm not sure about the Gay SOC. But the Buddhist SOC seems like fun. :biggrin:

lol haha it does indeed! so no one knows anything about the gay scene?
Reply 616
When do i need to apply for accommodation????
I have an unconditional offer for second year English, I don't care about the uni's rep anymore, I really want to go, but I don't like the course as there's not enough literary theory and diversity on it (e.g. post-colonial studies) on it. Ahhhh.
james1312
When do i need to apply for accommodation????

You should get a welcome pack through the door once you firm which has all the details. It will also have your new student ID which is required to apply. :smile:
Reply 619
Thank You

Latest

Trending

Trending