The Student Room Group

I got ADDUU in my AS results and I HATE myself

Scroll to see replies

I got CCCD at AS, then again, I'm not doing medicine. In A2 I got BBDD.

Not really sure if this helps.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SCAR H
You must be persian coz you got an A in it

So you got DDDU? Close to failure mate

Persians don't technically exist any more, your comment doesn't help the OP despite saying he was iranian in the first post. I would be curious to know your AS results...
Reply 22
Original post by Dabojable
Persians don't technically exist any more, your comment doesn't help the OP despite saying he was iranian in the first post. I would be curious to know your AS results...

I got BBC this year and my teacher are going to predict me AAA
Well I got DDCD this year, and have decided to bin this year and start sixth form again, because I decided that it would be too much work to fix those and excel in my A2s in one year, and I'm not even considering medicine, just accounting.

That said, if you think that you have enough hours in the day for you to fix those, then go for it! And make sure your predictions are going tk be OK for your application.
Are you sure you don't want to repeat the year? A guy I know got very similar results to you, repeated the year, got AAAB, and is now off to Birmingham (and had an unconditional offer). Sure, it's an extra year, but resitting everything is HELLISH. Revising all of AS by yourself is a shedload of work, it detracts from revising for A2, and it's so stressful. You'll have double the exams of everyone else. Plus essentially you'll have to spend another year on a gap year if you don't repeat the year anyway, because you won't get any good offers with DDDU.

A girl I know worked her arse off to pull CCEE up to BCDe at A2 so you can improve on it, but you'll do better if you repeat the year.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by ssadeghi
as u can c from the title, I got A in Persian,D in bio and psycho, and Us in chemi and physics. I was aiming for very high grades to be able to get into medicine and the past papers I did all showed promising results. however, after seeing these results, I just wanted to die. literally.
now, I'm thinking about resiting all of them except Persian and physics because I'm going to drop it for my A2.
also I am thinking about dropping chemi as well so I only have to focus on it's AS resitting.
so the A2 subjects left would be Persian, Bio and Psycho(which I am also going to resit).
now my question is that will I be able to work my ass off this year for both A2 and AS and get into a decent course like anatomy and then go into medicine?
is it possible for me to work really hard and get much higher grades and also get into a decent uni?

haha you did persian as well? I got A* , OCR is going to remove Persian language so there will be now Persian language existing, I recommend you to do the A2 as well
Original post by SCAR H
Shut up you idiot

Aww thanks for your comment. :smile:
Reply 27
Original post by uniqsummer
Aww thanks for your comment. :smile:

huh?
Reply 28
as u can c from the title, I got A in Persian,D in bio and psycho, and Us in chemi and physics. I was aiming for very high grades to be able to get into medicine and the past papers I did all showed promising results. however, after seeing these results, I just wanted to die. literally.
now, I'm thinking about resiting all of them except Persian and physics because I'm going to drop it for my A2.
also I am thinking about dropping chemi as well so I only have to focus on it's AS resitting.
so the A2 subjects left would be Persian, Bio and Psycho(which I am also going to resit).
now my question is that will I be able to work my ass off this year for both A2 and AS and get into a decent course like anatomy and then go into medicine?
is it possible for me to work really hard and get much higher grades and also get into a decent uni?

Salam Dadash (iranian brother here)
1) Dont worry about it - i know Iranian parents have high expectation but don't worry

2)Right here are your options. You can resit the year (redo your AS's) however some med school don't allow resits.I know in my school they don't allow you to resit a year they make you move to a college (not sure its like that everywhere,i went to a grammar school , they might be different). You will however have to take a gap year as you wont get any offers with the current AS grades.

3)You could resit your AS whilst doing your A2 (note that is very very challenging) so be prepared to work hard. (I know you will , persian blood you see) and apply for biomed and then go as a graduate. But you need a minimum of ABB . So gonna be really hard. Currently with the AS grades you have you will be lucky to get a offer for a polytech uni for a crap subject.

4) Finally you could apply abroad to Hungry,Bulgaria etc. (gonna be costly)

If I was you , I'd do the UKCAT, just pay a bit of money and do it for practice and experience becuase if you do want to applly for edicen as graduate , you will need to do the GAMSAT (which is like the UKCAT) . Also make sure you volunteer and get work experience at hospitals and stuff - really need this for your application .

DO NOT DROP CHEMISTRY. Chemistry is VITAL for medicine. All med schools do not allow you to enter without chemistry (need an A in chemistry aswell) and another lab-based science. Make sure you only do 3 A2 ( Do chem,bio,persian) but some med school may think that you have an easy Alevel in persian so they could actually still reject you even if you had the tops grades.

Hats off for the persian AS , i only did the GCSE persian

If you need help , PM (im on a gap year and applying for medicine) :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 29
Original post by danno96
1) Dont worry about it - i know Iranian parents have high expectation but don't worry

2)Right here are your options. You can resit the year (redo your AS's) however some med school don't allow resits.I know in my school they don't allow you to resit a year they make you move to a college (not sure its like that everywhere,i went to a grammar school , they might be different). You will however have to take a gap year as you wont get any offers with the current AS grades.

3)You could resit your AS whilst doing your A2 (note that is very very challenging) so be prepared to work hard. (I know you will , persian blood you see) and apply for biomed and then go as a graduate. But you need a minimum of ABB . So gonna be really hard. Currently with the AS grades you have you will be lucky to get a offer for a polytech uni for a crap subject.

If I was you , I'd do the UKCAT, just pay a bit of money and do it for practice and experience becuase if you do want to applly for edicen as graduate , you will need to do the GAMSAT (which is like the UKCAT) . Also make sure you volunteer and get work experience at hospitals and stuff - really need this for your application .

DO NOT DROP CHEMISTRY. Chemistry is VITAL for medicine. All med schools do not allow you to enter without chemistry (need an A in chemistry aswell) and another lab-based science. Make sure you only do 3 A2 ( Do chem,bio,persian) but some med school may think that you have an easy Alevel in persian so they could actually still reject you even if you had the tops grades.

ok thank you :smile:
well the problem is that my school will not let me continue with chemistry, so I kind of have no choice. so in the past week i have decided to maybe study human biology in university (which most unis want BBC for) and then go into a medicine degree as postgraduate? I mean if it's not going to work in UK so maybe I can try in the USA. after all they do need you to have a postgradiate degree relevent.
so what do you do currently during your gap year?
Reply 30
Original post by Dabojable

this might sound wierd(cause I might be mistaken as to who you are talking about) but I am a she not a he :smile:
Reply 31
Original post by Emad1993
haha you did persian as well? I got A* , OCR is going to remove Persian language so there will be now Persian language existing, I recommend you to do the A2 as well

yeah I am anyway. did you get A* in AS?
Reply 32
Original post by danno96

va hamchenin salam dadash :smile:(iranian sister here)
Reply 33
Original post by paradoxicalme
Are you sure you don't want to repeat the year? A guy I know got very similar results to you, repeated the year, got AAAB, and is now off to Birmingham (and had an unconditional offer). Sure, it's an extra year, but resitting everything is HELLISH. Revising all of AS by yourself is a shedload of work, it detracts from revising for A2, and it's so stressful. You'll have double the exams of everyone else. Plus essentially you'll have to spend another year on a gap year if you don't repeat the year anyway, because you won't get any good offers with DDDU.

A girl I know worked her arse off to pull CCEE up to BCDe at A2 so you can improve on it, but you'll do better if you repeat the year.

yes. problem is, I can't for some personal family reasons, so I'm going to have to work my ass off this year :frown:
Reply 34
Makes sense. Yeah try and boost up your grades as much.
Im working as a Health Care Assistant in a hospital :smile:
Reply 35
Original post by danno96
Makes sense. Yeah try and boost up your grades as much.
Im working as a Health Care Assistant in a hospital :smile:

ok thanks :smile:
Good Luck!!
yeah I am anyway. did you get A* in AS?

No, I did both AS and A2 in 1 year (at AS level) :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest